Hello from Shelbyville

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Shanadoia, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hello my friends.. Hope ya have had some good spring and summer results after all the rain we have had this year.. I live in Shelbyville, Shelby County, and thought i would let everyone know that i fish mostly Guist Creek and Taylorsville Lakes.. Taylorsville Lake is in Spencer Co. and Guist Creek is in Shelby Co. but only like 15 miles apart so it's easy for me to goto either one i choose.. Anyone needing any info on either of these lakes can send me a message and i will try to get back to ya asap.. I am getting ready to goto Green River Lake next week on vacation for a week.. To me that is a very large lake, 8000 acers and with Guist Creek only being 300 and Taylorsville only being 3000 you can see why, lol.. Good fishing friends and stay safe on the waters, Wear Them Life-Jackets> that's why they call them that!!

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck at green river lake ! Plenty of fish to be had . Hope the muskies don't give you any trouble ! I ain't skeered but they can give up a nasty bite and don't take kindly to being hooked:big_smile:

3. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How's it going?

I live in Shelbyville too and have just gotten into fishing. I have gone to Guist Creek several times and fished from my friends dock. I have caught a cat each time I have went out but they are always little 1 to 2 lbs.

I would love to find a fishing buddy so if you want to go out fishin together sometime let me know.

I'm heading down to Dale Hollow lake for the weekend this weekend but after that I am up for some weekend fishing. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

4. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Some of the local brotherhood will be getting togeather to night at the boat ramp in West Point. We will start ariving around 7pm and then start fishing, eating, and swapping lies. Please come and join in. If you have any questions call me at 502-640-1743.

Jim

5. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks friend for the info on the muskies, i heard that they were stocking them in Green River Lake now, i just wasn't sure what size they are at this time. Thanks again and good fishing.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Size limit 30in. and 2fish daily limit I BELEIVE:eek:oooh:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you have a great fishing location. Keep us updated on your catch.