Hello from San Antonio Texas

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by 72hdflh, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Hello Ohio Brothers and Sisters,
    I have been down here for two weeks now (work), Left early a.m. 11/26,
    So I missed shotgun season, always take 1 week vacation for that. And will be here untill 12/21. Haven't been able to fish, (no license, gear, or time).
    I've been following all the threads though to help keep me sane. With the weather you all have had, I probably wouldn't have fished anyway, but I still miss it. Weather here has been beautifull, low 70's to high 80's, but no way to do anything with it, but sweat at work!!! Good luck to all you hardcore fisherpeople that have still been at it, and Happy Holidays too.

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sucks you had to miss shotgun season and you can't even fish while your gone. Next time you'll have to come down and fish good time to be on the big river for them blues although the weather has been too crappy for me to fish this past week.:angry:

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm sure the warm sunshine down there is a treat lol. You ain't missing nothing here cept the cold rainy deer season.

4. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Yeah I heard opening day sucked, rainy and nasty. My usual group didn't get anything the first day, that is highly unusual. Probably just enough hunters in the woods to send the deer into deep hiding, but not enough to push them around.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry you are out of pocket at the best time of the year.joe if you get to wanting to see a catfish real bad go to sanantoneio zoo.they have some realy big fish swiming around in the small creek that runs threw the zoo.

6. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    By the time I am done working for the day, I'm sure the zoo is closed or at least closing. I did however go to the Bass Pro Shop and check it out, in the fish pond or whatever they called it, they had a channel that had to be at least 20+ pounds, beautiful fish. There is supposed to be a Flathead in there that is much larger, I am told that he is very secretive and hides most of the time. No doubt waiting for his next ambush attack. Sure would have liked to have spotted him, and watched him for a while. If I would have seen him they would probably have had to call security to have me removed so that they could close for the night.!!! LOL

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Joe, when you get back you have to take a trip to the cabella's store off of I -70 just across the border into West Virginia. They have a huge aquarium with two big flats that are 60 to 70 lbs. you can always see them, no hidey holes lol.

8. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Skip,
    I have been meaning to get down there and check it out, but when I get that far south I am headed for Marietta and the Mighty Musk, and just can't seem to pry myself away from Muskingum. LOL

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    the one that has the bigggggg flat is in buda, texas just up the road close to austin- he can be seen all the time

10. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Hello to all from San Antonio once again, been here since the 3rd and won't be home untill late the 25th. Work again!!! It's putting a kink in my plans, I need to get my outboard tuned up before fishing weather, it was acting up the last couple of times I had it out. Anybody know of a good place to take it to around the Medina or Ashland county area? Good luck to all you guys that are getting out to fish this weekend.

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Maybe u can hook up w/hillcountryfishin and get in some cat time on braunig or calaveras!!! Man u can't even check out the river downtown it's drained and being cleaned out right now!!!

12. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Willcat,
    I will have to check that out with hillcountryfishin, that would be pretty cool, if he could squeeze me in, and I could afford it. The riverwalk was pretty cool the first time or two, but it's just not my style, too expensive, too crowded, too preppy!!!
    Joe

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I hear u on that riverwalk, we only eat there on an anniversary or something like that.Too preppy for my taste all the time!!!

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey Joe, the muskingum river is a long cast from texas...hope you don't have to spend much time down there...rollo

15. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Jason,
    Hopefully after this trip is over I will be done down here for a while, at least for the extended stays. I may have to come back for a week to do some troubleshooting\debugging. The weather has been a nice break from Ohio, when I left it was 9 deg. that morning. What happened to them Buckeyes? have they watched the Browns choke too many times and decided to follow suit! Take care.
    Joe

16. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    willcat,
    I made up to Buda this past weekend. That is ONE BIG flattie they have there at Cabellas, he wouldn't come out from behind his log long enough to get a good picture. The attached pictures are the best I could get (the log is approxamately 2 to 2 1/2 feet in diameter.

Attached Files:

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I hear u, ive been there about 5 times & he's always behind that log in the same place every time. He's a biggun for sure!!