Hello from PA

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jconna, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Just joined the forum and wanted to say hello! I've been browsing online for somewhere to catch some cats and came accross this forum. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to speak directly to the fisherman, rather than just reading online articles. I'm hoping that someone can be of some help. I get into some cats up here on the susquehanna but nothing compared to the size or quantity of what I'm seeing in some of the pics and statements on this board. To the point I guess.......I am trying to get some information on where you think I could have a good time for a week. A monster would be nice, but it's not a necessity. I'm sure you're smaller ones are comparable to our bigger ones up here anyway! haha Seriously.....I'm just looking to drag my uncle down for a couple days to a week, and enjoy catching some fish. All will be released, neither of us ever keep anything. Just looking for a good time in a sunny state. I have a 14' Jon with a 9.9 but I don't know if that is sufficient for you're rivers or not? Any suggestions on a place to fish? Any suggestions on the best time? I am open to anywhere in the state, and pretty much any month. Like I said....Just want to catch some fish :) Thanks, and I'm glad I found the site!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC from KY!!!

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Jeff Welcome to The BOC. :wink: What part of Pa. are you from?

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff.

5. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks everyone....I'm originally from western pa but have been in the Harrisburg area for around 8 years now. Weather's a little nicer and I like having the susky 5 minutes away.

6. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    welcome to the BOC Jeff you will learn alot on this site people will let you know where to go and times.I know from reading and listening that alot of people go to santee around march and April I have been down there when you will catch a lot of cats and when you will not get a bite we like to do drift fishing with cut bait I'm new to the game to so I am learning a lot from these guys good luck when you come down:big_smile:

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the BOC from southern indiana ,hope you enjoy this site Jeff

8. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Yea, isn't that just fishing? Biting like crazy one day and can't get a hit the next. I didn't think you had that problem down south though!! lol Seriously...I appreciate anything and everything. I'm just looking for general information and best guesses. My boats probably much better suited to river fishing that lake, but hey, I'll rent a boat if I need to. Just looking for a good time, and this looks like just the site to get the info to make it happen. I'll keep reading, and I do appreciate the replies and welcomes. Now seriously!!!!! Are these big monster cats that everyone seems to be holding up in their avatar's an honest legitimate hope to latch onto? I can't even imagine!!! hahaha Good luck to anyone out there!!!

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff.

10. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey Jeff,welcome to the BOC you are gonna love it here,if ya have a question just ask youll get more than enough anwsers,again welcome .....

11. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff, from South Carolina

12. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Welcome to BOC Jeff from Tn..

13. Cat Master 1

Cat Master 1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to our party.Nice for you to join.Wait till the 20,21,22,23 of March to come down and I"ll be more than happy to put you on one of those MONSTER KITTY KATZ. IF the GOOD LORD WILLING.:wink:

14. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    jconna...if i were you and you wanted to latch onto a monster blue cat i would drive to the potomac river which is a whole lot closer to where you live...fish the river and you will have a really really good chance of catching a big big cat and probably more than just one or two of them...start with a guide and then go at it yourself...that river is absolutely awesome and it's only a few hours from your home...now if you just want a vacation in a warmer place than come on down south and do some fishin...we got biguns here too...i still suggest starting with a guide on the first day and then go from there.

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jeff, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Welcome to the BOC!

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a23::0a22::0a25: