Hello from Massac Co. ILLinois

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Huck Finn, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Huck Finn

Huck Finn New Member

State:
    Southern IL
    I live 5 miles from Paducah, Ky and just recently discovered this site. Looks like you all have a really good site:big_smile:. Most of my catfishing is done on the Ohio river from Smithland pool to below dam 52. With that said,here is a picture is of my son catching Skipjack below Barkley dam. He had himself a big time that day! And the last two pics show him catching a nice bluecat up on Smithland pool.

P4250234.jpg

adam fish on.jpg

adam fish on 2.jpg

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC !I fish the Cumberlad river/Barkley about a dozen times a year while visiting my in-laws .Always good to take a youngen fishin ! Then you won't be fishin for answers about what he has been doing !:smile2: Reps to ya !

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm in Murray KY. Close to KY. Lake

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Welcome aboard!
    Looks like you have quite a fishing partner there...W

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas Welcome to the BOC. I live a few miles north of you and familiar with the areas you fish. You have a fine looking fishing partner. I look forward to reading of your fishing trips. Some reps to get you started.:0a22::0a22::0a25:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Dallas. Thanks for taking him fishing.

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC, glad to see you and your son fishing. Great father son activity, and you don't see a lot of it anymore :big_smile:

8. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

I live over in Ballard Co. ab out 30mi west of Paducah. Have you tried that oxbow lake just out of Cario? I be happy to take you to Swan lake when it opens back up in March.

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Dallas Welcome to the BOC Great seeing the young one catching fish.

10. Huck Finn

Huck Finn New Member

State:
    Southern IL
    Ted, appreciate the invite. No, I have never fished Swan lake. But I have fished the bottom lakes in Massac (Kinkaid lake). Last word I heard on the bottom lakes was that the Asain carp had put a serious hurt on the fishing in them. I mainly fished for crappie in those lakes.

Just to let you know, I work at USEC in West McCraken Co. And I have a good fireman buddy who has fished most of those lakes in Ballard Co.

Here are some river bottom crappie me and my Dad caught this past year. We were fishing a culvert from the bank, fun trip!

river bottom crappie 1.jpg

river bottom crappie 2.jpg

river bottom crappie 3.jpg

11. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Welcome

12. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Dallas, welcome to the BOC..I have saw your posts on a crappie forum..(were not supposed to say names of other sites) I'm glad to see you join the BOC ..Theres alot of good reading on here from some of the best fishermen around:wink:...look forward to your posts in the future.:big_smile:

13. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

huck...SHUSSSSSS dont go talking about culvert fishing!!!! hehe not many know what backwater fishing at culverts can produce!! Those at the right time...it just dont get better. The big head carp have gotten serious in the river lakes but some good cats still to be had.