Hello from Kirkuk, Iraq

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bmaultbay, Nov 27, 2007.

1. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Hello all. I haven't on the board in a couple of months. Haven't been fishing either. I am back in Iraq, this time as a civilian, for 15 months. I do miss the wodds and the water. It is great however to see the old familiar faces on the BOC. And, now that I am back on line, great to be a part of it again. A little bit of home in the desert.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It's great to see ya, back on here Buddy. What on earth did you leave in Iraq the first time you were there? Must have been special, LOL!!!

You keep your head down and take care over there!!!

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Take care out there...W

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Please be careful over there !!!!! Hope you have a safe stay over there !!!!

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Watch your butt over there man. Good to hear from you.
    Linz

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Hey !!!! I saw you are from Clarksville,Tn. I know a person by the name of Angela Lipford there. Do you know her ???

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Keep yourself safe over there. Later Andy

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Stay safe over there brother!

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brian, good to hear from you. Watch your back over there for them sneeky sumbucks!

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Stay safe bro! let us know if ya need anything! we have a box waiting for an address........

11. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Thanks to all. Big difference between this and the last time, I am a regular fobit. :big_smile: Except for the flights between bases, speaking of which I leave today for Mosul, be there about a week. Didn't know I was going to get the Iraq country tour while here. It is great to be working along side our men and women in uniform again. They are a special people. Keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season. It still amazes me at what they are accomplishing, and have accomplished, in this war torn country. Yet, they still persevere. Amazing folks.

12. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    When you get back come out Tuesday nights at Devils Elbow, GREAT FOOD, Good fun, and Awesome ppls..

13. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I can't give you and our boys enough reps. God bless you all. I don't know how to thank you guys. You deserve so much more than can be given. The selfless acts that are performed on a daily basis is just undescribable. You guys are a certain kind of breed. And we are all blessed to have you.

Thank you.

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    be careful over there and get home to the fishing soon. tell the soldiers we appreciate all they do so we can hunt and fish over here without the worry of attack by the enemy they keep at bay.

15. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just wanted to say hello to you. I'm in Iraq myself, Mosul as a matter of fact. I've been here about ten months now and got six more weeks. I know how ya feel trying to get a piece of home. I check out the site here about once a week and can't wait to get back on the water. I should be back at Bragg by the first of Feb. and hope to be down to Santee before the end of it. All I can tell ya is the time will pass as I'm sure ya know since this isn't your go around. Try to be safe..........Brian

16. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    that was supossed to say "isn't your first go around"

17. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Be coming that way in a couple of days. Maybe we can get together and eat at that fine underground messhall you have there. Alt least that is what I am told. Only gonna be there about a week, but I am sure we can swap some stories.

18. BrianD

BrianD New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Brian I'm in mosul but i aint at the main base, i stay at an Iraqi outpost in the city but i'm not gonna put out where on here. If i think i'm gonna be over that way though, illl shoot ya a pm, i can talk catfishing all day long.....take care of yourself, brian

19. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Gentlemen,
    Thank you for your service, Please be safe, Your family and friends and brothers and sisters of the BOC will keep you in our prayers.

20. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    Don't know your position but why go back? Job or vacation?