Hello from Iraq

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bondman, Oct 1, 2005.

1. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    Hello my BOC friends, It has been a while since i have got on here. how is everyone doing? Im doing good the weather here is getting better not so hot like it was for awhile over here. how is the fishing going i hope you all have left a few of them for me when i get home....i just wanted to get on the NEW AND IMPROVED BOC to let you all know that im doing good
    well you all take it easy and good fishing.
    Henry

SPC Geiger
    HSC/ 983rd ENBN
    OIF III Camp AR-RAMADI
    APO AE 09396

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Henry, man god bless you for your services to this great country.

3. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Hello Iraq. SPC Geiger.... Just wanted to take the time to say thank you for your time in supporting our country. There is plenty of big ones left for you. Take care of yourself and I wish you a record cat when you arrive home. Abu

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Hello bondman and thank you for your sacrifice for our great country and please make it home safe, and don't worry there still plenty of cats left, I'm not catching any. lol
    Go USA :thumbsup:

5. shepdog

shepdog New Member

State:
    Sherwood, Ar
    Henry,
    Glad to heare that you are doing alright and the weather is getting better. I will heading to Kuwait in a few days my self.

6. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Henry!!!
    So glad to here from you - hope all is well - we sure missed you at Catstock but we know you had more important things to do - Hurry back cause we need you to head up catstock for next year - Chris is busy with work and there is a conflict of opinions on when to have it - looks like Jermy and or bearcat will get the job - need you to show us all the hot spots -

P.S. By the way have you sunk a pickup lately? LOL HaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

7. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    How about we all get a bunch of flathead meat pack it in dry ice and send it to him? what do you all think? just a sort of way of saying thanks

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Hi Bondman , I dont know you but i want to thank you for your service. When are you comming home? I/m from Granite City, I used to live in Vandalia Years ago I was married to a woman there Named Sherry stout . Ever here of the Stouts? Any way when you get home we got to go fishing some time. You can go out on the mississipi with us. Take care and don/t take any chances. good luck.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got a buddie over there too. ya all stay safe. thanks to you and all our service men and women. we appriciate what ya do for us. :)

10. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad to hear you are doing well Henry. As others have said, we sure missed you at Catstock this summer. Hope you will be back with us for the next one.

11. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    Henry,

Good to hear from you and hope you & the family are doing well. Ready for you me & Bearcat to soak a line below the dam. Be careful.

Eric

12. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Henry,
    Glad you could take the time to worry about us when you have enough on your plate worrying about yourself, thank you doesn't cover what you and everyone else is doing for us but since I can't be there to help. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Be safe watch your six and if you need anything when you get back just let us know. God Bless each and every soldier oversees.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello Henry,

Glad to hear from you and that you are doing Ok.
    Want you to know we appreciate the great job you're doing. Take care.

Fishing been slow for me this summer, I'll blame it on the heat and not my fishing skills. :D

Thanks for the post.

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hi Henry. Be safe and thank you for fighting for our country! God Bless and take care..Oh yah and Good Luck Fishin!! ;)

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got a p,m, from paratrooper. he i believe is over there somewhere. glad to hear ya all are safe.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Henry, glad to hear from you. keep your head down and be safe. :D

17. bluecatman

bluecatman New Member

State:
    Brighton, IL
    Hey guys, I got these pics emailed from Henry (via Bearcat). Here is Henry's explanation, hopefully I can figure out how to attach them correctly.

i wanted to send you some pictures. They are can you beleive this of CAT FISH AIR they operate out of FOB Anaconda/ Balad i have had the privlige of riding with them a couple of times. Black hawks are the only way to travel in Iraq you get to see so much more of the country. there is a pic of a black hawk and also what you can see from inside it might be a little blurred but i have a lot more to share with you when i get back

Attached Files:

18. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now that is just too cool, I wish i could reenlist into that group but now I am dreaming.

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Hey Blue - Thanks for sharing -

20. Cape Cod Gal

Cape Cod Gal New Member

Hope you all have made it home o.k. do ya know a McBrierty @ 983rd there in Ramadi? That's my kid,,He married a Ohio girl..so throw'em back when your done with 'em. I'm a big catch & release gal. Unless it's a big ole cat then I'm eating that sucker, sorry..Good Job & thanks for your sacrifces .Plenty of time to fish ahead..take care and drop a hello. :D