Hello from Columbia!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by USCgamecock1, Oct 12, 2008.

1. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Hey guys great forum you have here. My name is Brett I am 18, currently a freshman and the University of South Carolina (hence the name ) My parents live in Chapin and I am home atleast every other weekend and i always catfish from the bank every friday/saturday night. Obviously I fish Lake Murray. So far the biggest i personally have caught is maybe 8lb and the biggest any of my friends have caught while were fishing together is 10lb, im lookin for more. Wanted to see if there are any other Murray fisherman around here. I only bank fish because my dad is the wake up early go for striper/bass on topwater then texas rig until 11 or so then call it quits. He can not stand fishing at night (short temper and line/reel problems get him steaming) much less WAITING for a bite, he has to be working the rod. So going with him on the boat is out of the question and i dont believe he wants me to take her out in the middle of the night. I absolutely LOVE catfishing and was lookin to see if anyone on here fished murray often that i may be able to greet and fish with someday.

2. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Brett. There is a lot of great information on here. And any questions you have some one will come along and help you out.

3. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    welcome to the BOC Brett. i dont fish murray any but if your over closer towards florence just holler and we'll get you on a pee dee cat or two. oh by the way GO CLEMSON!!!:wink:

4. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Sounds good ill definately keep that in mind. Been wanting to hit up Santee and some others for a WHILE! As far as go clemson... They weren't too hot this weekend :smile2:. Its all good man, i hate USC for one thing, it takes me away from the lake!!!!!! haha im dreading going back at 6 am.. :sad2:

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Brett, My best advise for ya is to take his Bass and Striper for bait. I could tell ya where to catch cats from 11 on, But my buddy guide for cats on that lake.:big_smile: So Hire Capt. Chris Simpson of Fight'n Da Blues Giude Service and learn.:wink: Then after your dad catches you bait, you can go out and catch some 10 to 20lb blues.:wink:

6. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    Put in at river winds landing and drift fish the Big saluda river and you will catch some nice cats.:wink:

7. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Sounds good Doug, as for the bass as bait, dad would kill me thats his favorite fish... One of these days I wont be able to take it anymore and ill beg you for those spots :wink:

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Brett, "One mans trophy is another mans bait"!:smile2:

9. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Welcome to the BOC. Lots of good information on here for ya!:smile2:

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brett, welcome to the BOC from So.Alabama and be sure you ck out the library there is a whole lot of information there

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from Bennettsville.
    Bill in SC

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brett Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. We look forward to reading your fishing stories.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

13. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Well guys its too sunny, too nice of a day and to top it all off i dont have any work due tomorrow for school. You bet im goin home tonight and fishing. Gonna get a few videos of the attempt for baitfish (still have some red worms in the fridge) Also try the old faithful chicken livers. Show you guys one of my secret spots :big_smile: Had one pull me around a log or something and wouldnt come loose after 20 minutes, had a mustad demon ultra point circle hook 5/0 in him so i know he didnt come off. I felt him keep pullin until i finally had to pull the line and give up. Ill either be going with my buddy John, Jonathan or Wes, not sure yet. Either way always good to have a filming crew haha. Dont expect too much but theres always the possibility. Wish me luck!

Brett

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC. Catfish bite during the daytime also. Try to go out and drift around the channels and creekmouths. Good luck.

15. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Well did not go to the secret spot tonight, went out on a point i haven't fished in 2 years since the lake was way down. We did pretty good, or I rather. He caught a tiny channel. I will upload pics tomorrow when i get back to my dorm room and the biggest one flipped on me 5 times when he was trying to get the picture, MAN did that hurt. Youll see by my facial expressions haha its priceless. Got i believe 4 channels, a small flathead and a tiny bullhead. All in all it was fun.. Thanks for all the welcome comments guys once again awesome forum here.

16. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Got the 3 best pics i believe. Had 2 other channels about the same size as the first one and a really small bullhead i believe. I want to make sure im correct on this, the 3rd is a flathead right? haha they look so weird in lake murray i thought it was a catfish with cancer LOL! Nothin major but fun nonetheless.

Attached Files:

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brett Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your fishing reports.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

18. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    hey!! i fish lake murray alot for cats.. if your bankfishing mostly i would go up to sce&g ramp #3 or #4 and fish off the bank up there!! unfortunately there is not alot of bank fishing on Murray!! too many houses. i fish out of a 19ft bay boat.. i also work at Lighthouse Marina on the lake. so good luck!!!

19. USCgamecock1

USCgamecock1 New Member

State:
    Camden, SC
    Dude Lighthouse Marina is like 20 minutes from my house I used to go out there every once in a while but never managed anything. Yeah bankfishing sucks cuz of the houses your right. Could you tell me where this SCE&G ramp 4 is you speak of? Not very familiar with stuff like that

20. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Gamecocks, huh? Nevermind......I don't feel like starting that argument. LOL! Just to let you know, I don't think anybody else would mind, but if you feel like driving up here to Greenwood next Saturday, a few of us are going to fish. Pop pop, you got any objections to him coming up? We'll show him how it's done in the Lakelands.....Orange Nation!!!! Let's go Vols! Big Orange!!!!!! (I was born in TN. Gotta stay true) Now that I've gotten that out of my system, y'all be good. Later, all.....