Hello from a new member

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by winston61, Apr 27, 2006.

1. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hello to all-

I'm glad I found BOC. I live in north central Texas just south of Fort Worth. I got back into fishing a couple of years at the urging of a friend who fly fishes. I was not interested in the expense or ritual of that pursuit, so I geared up for plain old baitcasting. Nice little Fenwick rod and a Shimano reel. We'd go out to the lake or river and I noticed something. I was not catching anything. Cast and crank, cast and crank. Talked to some catfisherman and found out they catch fish. So I got myself a Ambassadeur 6500 C4 and an Ugly Stik cat rod and have not looked back. I got a cast net for live bait and I also use DK dip bait. This is great. I catch fish and I have a good time. What else is there? I've learned a lot from reading here at BOC and just wanted to say hello and thanks to all. Oh yeah, my tricked out fly fishing buds just give me a silly grin when I haul 'em in and they go home with nothing.

Ed

2. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC Winston.There is a lot of info on this site. The best site on the web.
    :thumbsup:

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Welcome aboard, ever go to Lake Texcoma there is Texas? Some monsters come out of that lake

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Ed, welcome to the B.O.C. enjoy your stay here. glad to have you aboard

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Glad You Joined,Always Good To See How Big A Brotherhood Can Really Be.
    As Neither I Nor Anyone Else Knows Everything, It's Good To Know That We Have More Input To Our Requests & Needs.

Glad To Have Ya, Elliot:)

6. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I saw a 50lb flattie caught on a fly rod. Took the guy forever to get it in. But he CPRd it and it still swims at that city pond. I prefer a lawn chair and a shady spot while I wait for some skillet fodder.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :) Welcome,welcome And Welcome Your Going To Love It Here. Great Bunch Of Guys And Gals On Here. You Can Learn A Lot On Here.

8. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    hey buddy! glad to have you at the BOC! glad you found the wonderful world of catfishing! :)

9. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    welcome aboard and looking forward to your posts

10. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    welcom aboard ed. this is one of, if not the best, sites on the web. there are post/boards for about anything you can think of. ask a question, and you you will receive more advice/answers than imaginable.:)

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Ed. Welcome home! Spend a little time here and you will find its like home for sure. Great folks, great info, great chatting, etc. Glad to have you join us!

12. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Flys are for catching bait! LOL

Welcome aboard Winston61! Your going to love this place!

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    winston, welcome to the board, I'm sure you will find much more.

14. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Welcome aboard Ed

15. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the boc.

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Winston, Welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net.

17. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Welcome to the site, this is the best site out there. I have learned more on this site in the last 10 months than I have in my entire life.

18. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Ed, Welcome to the wonderful world of the BOC. This is the most awesome catfishing site on the web. Sit back, enjoy and be prepared to get addicited.

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome home sir. I am glad you joined our numbers. You look like a man with years of knowledge, cat fishing or not. Please feel free to share.

20. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Welcome Home! There's more stuff on here than you can shake two sticks at. Jump right in, tell us what you know, ask what you don't know, then we will all know. Glad to have you with us.
    Don