Hello everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by westman407, Jun 7, 2008.

1. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello everyone I am new to the forums here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I live in Winfield. I got a boat earlier this year but the river has been up so much that I have not gotten out on it yet. I have been going to Mark Twain a lot lately but not much luck there. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and looking forward to learning from you guys on your tips.
    I met and went fishing with catmankev from Illinois and caught my biggest cat ever. 12 lbs and 2 oz. I had a blast.:big_smile:. Thanks again catmankev for teaching me some skills.

2. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Welcome to the BOC. I have had the same problem with the river this year. However, when it gets back down there are some big cats to catch around Winfield.

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Steve! Any questions you have, feel free to ask them on here. :wink:Check out that library for some ideas to help rig that tracker. Stay on Mike to come back over here and we'll try it again.

4. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Steve,
    Welcome from Tennessee!!

5. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Welcome to the BOC...lots to learn here, and a great group of catters...enjoy...

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC Steve from KY!!!:big_smile:

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Steve,

Welcome to the BOC from So. Alabama and where have the same thing with the river up and down

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Steve, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. Congratulations on the new PB!

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Steve
    Welcome to the BOC. Congrats on catching a new personal best.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Tell us about the fish you have caught.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

11. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Welcome Steve,I went to Mark Twain a couple weeks ago and only got 16 crappie in 2 days up in Lick creek all this rain has them screwed up.Catmankev can definatly find them cats.Tell Mike I sayed hello he taught me how to tie my line around my toe to know I'm getting a bite while sleeping in the boat.:big_smile:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from a neighbor up stream from you. Like you be glad when the ole Miss decides to go down and stay down .Makes for some rough fishing and no camping at all.
    Congrats on your PB Blue. You'll most likely beat that before the summer is over. Just listen to the guys who fish for them and you'll learn a lot.Just be careful out there on that crazy ole river.
    Like they said check out the BOC Library and go check out the Missouri Forum on here. Some interesting things there.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the brotherhood Steve!

15. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You all seem like a nice bunch of people here. I am looking forward to learning more. Tell you of some fish I have caught? Not much until catmankev. Honestly nothing to speak of. Then fishing with catmankev was the most incredible fishing experience of my life. Cats biting and it was great. Got sunburned but, it was soooo worth it!
    Mike teaching you how to tie a line to your toe sounds right! I think we almost had him asleep when we were fishing! Thanks again :big_smile:

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the best site on the net Steve.

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Steve.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Steve! Reps to you Kevin for taking a fellow member out, that is what this place is all about.

19. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC...you will learn alot here. You are right all of the people on this website are great people.

20. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    welcome to the boc steve, with all the info. that flows around here you will have a new pb many times. glad to have ya.