Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Pipe Rat, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to introduce myself. New to the board and to Catfishing on the mighty Mississippi near Lock and Dam 25 in Winfield, Mo. I have been lurking for a couple of days and can see there is a wealth of information to be reeled in from the seasoned Cat men and women that school around this site. My name is Doug but you can call me Lucky as my other brother (Twins) Darryl1 just bought a brand spankin new Sea Ark 20 footer that is sweet. He has the payments and I get to go fishing, how cool is that? I'll be looking forward to talking to you all and learning the ropes. You never know I may even be able to pass on a few tips some day. In the meantime if any of you have a Glory hole that you would like to share, just send me the coordinates (I won't tell anyone I swear). Looking forward to talking more later.:big_smile:

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Lucky, were glad yer here!!!

3. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to boc lucky and good trying to find the big fish spot . and if you do send some info this way

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Welcome to the BOC Lucky Dog, i mean Doug.....its addictive here, I hope your brother warned you of that....Welcome to the family and Good luck with the fishin.

5. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    hello glad you are here

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC

7. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    "Whack!" That was the sound of you getting hit with a wad of rep points.

Welcome to the BOC. I look forward to learning from you and sharing what i know with you. I need to connect with you and Daryll and try a few good spots together in that 7 mile stretch below LD 25.

CP

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Lucky. Glad to have you on board. I look forward to all your input.:lol::big_smile:

9. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey thanks for the welcome guys. Can someone fill me in on forum etiquette (Spelling?). What in the world is REP points and what are they used for (Chris)? And everyone thanked me for posting, is it something you should do when you read a good tip or just the polite thing to do?
    On another note I had a chance to go fishing today with my brother below Lock and dam 25 but needed to get some work done around my place. That was really hard to not blow off the chores but we must be responsible at least once a month. Last I talked to him he was still skunked so maybe I didn't miss out on a killer fishing trip but it still beats working for sure. There's always tommorrow. See Ya.

10. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Re: the rep points, I am not sure what they are used for. I give rep when I hear a good tip, read something funny, or agree with a statement (or when new folks come in). I am not sure if you can trade them in for anything, but I do give and get them.

Re: spelling, you get all "types" here (pun! I kill myself!). I think that most of us dont really care, as long as we can get the idea of what is being written. I cringe when I read swear words, but folks keep things pretty clean.

The monerators are available if you run across something that does not belong. They can help keep a thread understandable or will help move threads around if you put something in the wrong spot. I think they are a group of volunteers that keep the chat in bounds.

CP

11. catfishgranny

catfishgranny New Member

State:
    illinois
    never thought about the cost of a day of fishing but i think i can safely say i'm in the hole big time this considering we just bought a boat and havn't caught a whole lot of yet

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey hey Doug! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :tounge_out:!