Hello Everyone - anyone catfish Sulphur River or Millwood Lake below the Dam?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by littlebigman1960, Oct 5, 2007.

1. littlebigman1960

littlebigman1960 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was wanting to know if anyone catfishes Sulphur River or Millwood Lake below the Dam?:big_smile:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Joined over a year ago and ya finnaly have a question. LOL! Good to see ya post.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Get em BG. Welcome to the BOC Robbie.

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. Gald to see fellow Arkie.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Hey George aka 50 & Mike aka 60 are you guys related?:0a28:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hes 10 years older than me. Thats why the number difference. LOL!

7. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I thought it was in the beards.:confident:

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Welcome to the BOC Robbie! Glad you are posting. Just keep it up. I can't say that i fish those waters. I have only been to Millwood once, and never got on the water. Plan on making a trip there hopefully next year or so.

I want to take this time to invite you to the Degray 2 gathering next spring on Lake Degray. You will have a blast , weather you are just BS'ing or fishing, or both. look forward to seeing you there and meeting you!

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i use to fish below the dam at milwood a lot.the catfishing is hit or mis sometimes you can go down river aways and fish the trees and laydowns and do pretty good.you can also see a lot of aligators laying on the banks of the river.here lately ive started puting in the river off hi.71 north of ashdown.i find i catch a lot of flatheads in the 5 to 10 lb.class.you could possible do better fishing live bait as i always fish nitecrawlers.if you want to fish little river pm me and maybe we can get together.

10. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Dad and I went up there just above I-30 and put in just above Fulton back in the mid summer. There was water every where, matter of fact there was enough water that we were eye level with the top of the river bank. We did see about 5 or 6 large gators, several around the old railroad tram, and there was deer standing right next to the river bank looking at us every turn, several nice bucks. Anyway we motored all the way up to millwood dam and fished there for a while but we caught very few, worked our way back down to the Red but that was when it was up and rolling so we didn't catch any there, but we enjoyed the ride and all the wild animals. We have caught a lot of good cats below the dam but I truely think that this year is just not a good year for the big cats in the rivers. We have tried the Mississippi several times this year and caught very few there too. I've talked to a lot of people in Mississippi and they are having the same luck, but I haven't given up yet, we have caught more and bigger fish when it starts turning cold so there is still a chance for us to have a good year yet.

Don

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here!

12. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Welcome aboard Robbie. You will have fun here. I have learned more about catching cats here than you can imagine. Most importantly, I have made new friends. This is a great bunch, whether you catch a fish or not.

Grits