Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked like a lot of nice folks around this site so I signed up as a member. I stopped fishing about 15 years ago and have spent most of my time bird hunting. Now, I have fixed up an old boat and am ready to start fishing again. I live in Shreveport close to the Jimmy Davis Bridge so I'm going to have to get to know the River. I used to hunt on it back in the late 70s and 80s before there was a lock and dam. I accessed through Robson Co. Plantation owned by Bill and Katie James back then. That's where Bishops Point is now. Anyway, I am mainly wanting to Bass and Crappie fish with some emphasis on Catfish. I've always wondered what large live bait thrown up around the rip-rap would produce. Anyway, I have not been on the River since the lock and dam were built so I don't know where to go or how to get around.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and I look forward to getting you folks to educate me.

I hope ya'll always have hot grease and full coolers!

Plus, whoever posted that they had a "Tony" and that it was hard to get started and whined some while working........that really made me chuckle!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.