Hello BOC from Iraq.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by davidstuddard, Feb 1, 2008.

1. davidstuddard

davidstuddard New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I lost 5 good friends on the 28 of January 2008. They will never be forgotten. They were friends, brothers, husbands, even dads. when we got the news up here of what happen to them we were not mad we were not sad it hurt us deeply in side. These men didnt have to die for any cause, but god new it was thier time to go. So if you new these people or new people that new them pray not for thim but for all of us.

SSG. Jefferies
    Sgt. Creig
    Pfc. Young

Two others that i dont have the names yet, you are in my heart and thoughts
    miss you guys

Just thought I would let you all know I am doing ok. Thanks for all the support and prayers.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey, David, welcome to the BOC. You have my sympathies for the loss of your friends. Let's get you back home safe and sound buddy...

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    David we thank you and your friends for what you are doing. The losses you recieved have to be crushing! They are to me. Please stay safe!
    Bill

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    We must take pause to remember all of those who make the ultimate sacrifice for their country and fellow countrymen. I salute your friends and all of the others who have fought for our rights and freedoms.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Very sorry to hear this David. War is a terrible thing but has been around as long as mankind itself. My oldest son leaves for bootcamp the 6th of Feb. I think he's alot more ready for this than I am.
    Stay safe and come back to the cute lil blond ya got in your avitar. I appreciate you and the rest of the military very much.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    AMEN! David you are in our thoughts and prayers, it DOES matter! Thank you.

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey brother. i know what you mean and i know how you feel. i have been there and done that. best thing i can tell you to do is to pick up where you left off and keep on going. friends come and go, but the military will never let you stop. i am not saying forget them and just move on. as long as their memory lives, then they will never truly be gone. we live in a day and age to where (especially in the military) we dont have time to mourn the loss of friends, to contemplate your actions in combat, or to think about those you have hurt. that all comes later, when things have quited down and you have time to reflect. but its not always a bad thing. remember them and theywill live on.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    David, Our thoughts and prayers will be with the fallen soldiers and their families. I'll be glad when the time comes if it ever does that our soldiers can leave and come home. My hats off to all the men and women in uniform that have served past and present.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    David, your gonna give your mama a heart condition with subjects as this. We know its is not roses and violets, but let the moma's think it is. Keep your head down... yer butt, too. LOL

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Never forgotten.
    Thanks for checking in on BOC. Glad your OK. It's hard for me to put into type the support I have for all who is over there. I hope all returns home safe. I know a few who have been there and I got family there now. Really wish he would get some time off and fly back home for a visit.. Cant hardly wait to see him.

It always saddens me when one of ours is lost on the battle field. Also the ones who come home disabled. When I see or talk with someone in uniform or has been there, I shake their hand and let them know I appericate them. It aint much but its all I can do.
    My thanks goes out to all those who fight for this Country. Past and present.

Take care and when you got some spare time, come on in BOC for some chat and chew.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    David, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loss friends families.
    We appreciate the great job that the military is doing.
    God Bless you all.

12. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    hey bud ive been through it too. its rough i know and all i can say is you gotta move on with yourself. and also not let it mess with your head while youre still over here thats a good way to get yourself hurt

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    That's my step-son and Angelkitty's son, whom we are very proud of. I know i am not his bio-logical father, but treat him as my own. We miss ya dearly David, and can't wait till that grandbaby is born. We both look forward to spoiling him as much as possible. And if i have my way about it he will be sitting next to his step-pappy getting ready to reel in the big one!!!

Keep your hopes and spirits up son, your head down. Just do the job that uncle sam has asigned you to do, and get your butt back home safe and sound to us and that Fine looking wife you have and soon to be born youngin. Don't try to be a hero, you don't have to try to prove yourself to us, we stand beside you all the way.

I will do my best to keep your momma at bay until you get back. Along with the help of my BOC brothers such as TOP, Johnnie, TDawg, AweShucks , Mike Holladay, and so many others not named. AweShucks especially will not let your momma's spirits get too low. He will pick on her or something to keep her smiling.

GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL OUR TROOPS!!!! JUST GET HOME SAFE, THE FAMILIES MISS YOU ALL!!!!!

14. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Thanks David for checking in, we are all glad to hear from you and so very proud of the job you and the others there are doing for us. We are all so sorry for the loss of your friends and brothers there. They will not be forgotten. Keep yourself safe there and God in your heart. You have many unknown friends here praying for you and others there. You make us all proud.

Thanks again and hurry home!

don3778

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Dave on a more cheerful note my son sent me an e-mail this morning that shows the 3rd ID is going to have a fishing tournament on one of the lakes complete with really nice prizes etc.Dont know if you are in 3 ID or not,if someone on the BOC back here would send me their e-mail address I will send you the e-mail with attachments and perhap you could post it on here or the overseas thread.I will also send a short clip of your taxpayer dollars at work that you wont want to miss PROMISS!!!!!:big_smile:I guess is should point out the 3rd ID is in Iraq which is where the tournament is!!!!!!

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey l'il brother! (Sometimes I'm not sure whether to call ya l'il bro, or nephew.....but since you're a member here yourself, think I'll stick with the former. I'll use nephew/niece for the next generation gettin' ready to come along :wink:.) Thanks for checking in, even though you had bad news to tell. We need to hear about that too, and the GOOD news is, you are here to share it.

We will send up prayers for the families/friends of your fallen comrades, as well as continually praying for you, and our brothers and sisters in harm's way.......not only BOC siblings, but ALL the sisters and brothers of the UNITED STATES OF AMERIC[COLOR="Red"]A[COLOR="Blue"].[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Thank you for your service David, stay safe and stand proud. :0a31:

17. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    David thank you and every other soldier for what yall do for our country

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good to hear from you. Prayers are sent your way. Thanks for all you do for us!!!

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    David, your mom told me about this the other night. I was, and still am praying for you and these boy's families.

Thank you for your service to our country.

20. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thankyou for all the sacrifices you and your fellow americans are making over there...for us and our country.