Hello? Any Hockey Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by the_nis, Jan 1, 2006.

1. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey guys! There has got to be more hockey fans out there besides me!

2. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'm with ya Jason!!!

as sad as it may be...
    LET'S GO PEN'S !!!

thank you!

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm with you guy's! Let's Go Pen's! They got off to a horrible start but have looked much better recently with the coaching change and bringing up the young guys from Wilkes-Barre. I posted a Pens message on here back in like Oct. talking about how awesome it was to have Sidney Crosby here in Pittsburgh but nobody responded so I didnt make any more posts.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The wife and I have been to 3 games so far this season. We went last Thursday when they beat New Jersey 6 - 2. That was so great, sellout crowd, the arena was rockin', Sid the Kid, Fleury, Surovy all had an awesome game. I bought the wife a Crosby game shirt for her b.day and she wore that thing with such pride I just had to smile. Go Pen's!!!

5. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Only one team worth watching..... New Jersey Devils.
    David Frantz

6. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    David,

The Devils?! Thats cool. Being from Pittsburgh, I was born with the natural hatred of the Devils but I must admit, they are a great team.

Wally and Scott,

As far as the Pens go, I think they are starting to really come around. Its good to see games selling out like they are. I was told the other day, although I'm not sure if its true, that the Pens have the best attendance records so far this season. I really think we have a great base of players that we can build on and I think some other roster moves are going to be made soon. But overall, I think Michel Therrien has done a great job with the team in such a short amount of time. We'll just have to see the long term effects of his coaching.

7. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    NJ DEVILS! :0a27:

8. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA

I belive that james and David are on DRUGS!! LOL (sorry james & David) LOL

I also have that natural feeling for the Devils!!
    The wife bought me the hockey package on cable. Dang ...it's GREAT to hear the voice of Mike Lange call the games!! Makes me feel like I'm at the game !!!

Scott...send me a Crosby shirt... I may never take it off !!!

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    :0a30: i thank yall are on drugs

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Wally, I would be happy to send you a Crosby game shirt. Send me a check for $160 ($150 for shirt - $10 for shipping) let me know your size and it's on it's way.

When I was at the Pen's - Devil's game last Thurs. this big fat dude wearing a Devil's shirt sits down next to me before the game, I'm thinking "oh sh*#" but a minute later the usher asked to see his ticket and he was in the wrong seat and had to move. Thank God!

The Pen's will be a major force to reckon with in a year or two. Once the young guys get some experience, plus we got that Malkin kid comin' from Russia next season.

Great Balls of Fire! Let's Go Pen's!!!!

11. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Scott,
    XXL and the check is in the mail !!! LOL

12. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Jason.
    I was born in Jersey so I have to be a fan.
    I have liked Pitt. too and yes even the Rangers.
    Actually only east coast team I am not too fond of is the Islanders. But that really has nothing to do with the team.... Just a deep seaded hatred for one of their fans.
    Anyone else finding it hard to watch hockey since that whole lock-out thing?
    David Frantz

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    quote from okiecat ........Anyone else finding it hard to watch hockey since that whole lock-out thing?

yes i find it extremely hard to watch thats why i was devistatedto learn they were back on ice aaarrggghhhhh i hate hockey and was hopeing they would never resolve their disputes LMAO.
    its not a real hatred for the game as much as the length of their season and the playoffs are longer than a southern baptist ministers sermons.
    you know it has to be a boreing as tears game in general when the
    announcers is screaming like a lunatic at every swing of the stick and attept at a goal made or missed . oh well if your eyes are good enough to see that little puck fly across the ice more power to ya.

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    BIG BIG RED WING FAN HERE.

ill chime in if there are posts here.

DRC, Are you sure you want to get into a scuffle with hockey fans? lol

15. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Ah yes, the Detroit Red Wings...My second favorite hockey team...I have been a huge Wings fan for as long as I can remember. I just have to root for the Pens first though.

As far as not being able to watch hockey since the lockout, I actually have watched MORE than I did before. I absolutely love the game and missed it horribly when last season didn't happen.

At least I know there are some other hockey fans around here!!!

16. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I am still disgruntled towards the NHL. As you said..... last season didn't happen.
    I think the fans got the raw end of the deal.
    David Frantz

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Let's go Penguins. Im am stoked im goin to the game on the 11th in Columbus

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I hope I am not merely biased by geography, but seriously- what possible hockey fan is NOT a sidelined fan of the red wings? Mike Illitch has made them to be the Yankees of the sport, and now that he is limited by the cap, we still have some great value players like Datsyuk, zetterberg, Holmstrom, lebda, and samuelsson slapping the ever loving crap outtqa that rubber disk and blasting the goals in one after another... and I still didnt mention the ole standbys.

As for the lockout, well..... I guess I hold a few things at fault... and of course the bottom line to all of this was that the fan lost out specifically:

Currency exchange across the borders within the NHL- a player whose calgary contract was 11 million was seen as equal to a Detroit contract worth 11 million. The exchange was ignored.

expansion beyond talent. Sorry, no offense, but any place that doesnt have ice naturally forming doesnt deserve a team. Screw retirement fogeys in florida! If they want hockey, then fork over your kids inheritance and go fly to where hockey is. Dont water down the NHL talent to please a few snowbirds and dont think that if you build a ice arena that more fans will miraculously walk off the nascar track and barge on over- The south's a different culture. They dont care for ice unless its helping the sweet tea in their glasses, and they'd likely beat anyone senseless who refers to themselves as a lover of Lord Stanley.

Mike Illitch. More Little Caesar's pizza money was available to make the Red Wings a dynasty for decades then interest in any other team. He and his wifey are the Steinbrenner's of the sport and Canada didnt like losing their trophy to us Americans here in God's Mitten Print.

Ill be around

-sal

19. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Sal,
    I have to DISAGREE with you about the Illitch and Steinbrenner comparesson... Mike has a TRUE love for the game, his team and the fans...Old George is JUST in it for the money!!

And yes... no one in there hockey lovin' minds could NOT also love the WINGS. If I was not from the 'Burg... the Wings WOULD be my #1..

I am thankful that we have a Junior A team here in North Texas. I can't hardly ever make it to a Stars game. By the time the game is over.. it's still 2 1/2 hours to the house, real late to get up at 5 to go to work.. When they first came down here it wasn't too bad... Once they won the cup... most everyone in the meteroplex became instant experts and life long hockey fans!! Some folks are ok, but, you would think most came direct from Canada!! Na, maybe California or France. Just not worth the agrivation.

OLF network is a poor excuse for a hockey network IMHO. The NHL screwed over ESPN and now they are getting it stuck in their butts. I am thankful my wife bought me the hockey package on the cable. $135 for 5 games per night, throughout the first two rounds of the playoffs!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!
    I have a BAD feeling that NBC will do just as bad a job as FOX did a few years ago!!!

LETS GO PENS !!!

20. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I agree with you Wally that OLN is absolutely horrible. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing other games than Pens games, but theres just something about it that just kills the game. I think next season I will be investing in the hockey package. $135 is cheap considering all the games you get to watch. Does that include every game or just certain games on busier nights?