Hello and second post

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by John6518, Jun 2, 2008.

1. John6518

John6518 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hello from Little Rock. I made my first post on Saturday over in the "All Catfishing" section. I got the following from my dear friend Ken Swindle, an attorney in NW Arkansas. Can any of you help him out:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']John, My oldest son is also 3. I have let him down. I have never taken him fishing. Mostly because I don't know the first thing about fishing. If you go fishing in NWA, let me know, and maybe we can tag along. Maybe even we can go out to Jon Robinson's pond in Madison County! (Jon and I get along passably well now, I think.) In the meantime, do you know of a good fisherman-guide for Beaver Lake?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Ken[/FONT]

Thanks!

John Holleman

2. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I could use a lawyer buddy:wink:I fish the AR River mostly in OK,so not exactly the right area for him.I'm sure someone will be glad to help.Welcome to BOC.My best fishing partners are my daughters(9,7&3yrs).Our fishing memories are priceless.Tell you,re friend not to give up,he won't regret it.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC John. Love to see the kids fishin. Thats my sig.

4. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    i dont know about guideing but sure could put him and the kids in a nice hole,i am located in lonoke county.catfish,channels,flatheads, bream, bass, crappie,.

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    John welcometothe boc from north carolina,youll love it here buddy...

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
  7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to the BOC John.

8. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome from OKlahoma!

9. Saran56

Saran56 New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey, John! I'm new here, too. Tell Ken to save the guide and gear for fishing with his buddies. He needs to keep it simple for a 3 year old. They aren't fishing to catch the 'big one'. They're just going to catch 'fish'. And for a 3 year old, a fish is a fish is......

A Spiderman/Superman rod and reel (way fun!), a jar of worms, and a grassy little creek or pond are all they need. Well, maybe a fishing hat! Tell Ken to take a bucket for water, so they can collect the fish to count before they release them (so they can 'grow up'). At this age, quantity is way more important than quality! And remind Ken to keep it fun. Three year olds can bore easily.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    john and sara welcome to the boc.