The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Ohioan. Sorry it took so long for me to post in this board. Been spending most of my time reading pretty much all the posts in the Catfishing bait board. I have a question also. Is it legal to use goldfish in ohio, or any fish that is caught on rod and reel as bait. Thank you guys and gals for your time.

Luke

·
Registered
941 Posts
Welcome to the BOC Luke! You can use goldfish and any fish caught on a pole but if there is a size limit it must be of legal size.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Welcome to BOC .... Oh by the way .... be very careful next winter because I will be trapping MUSKRATS ..... Garry- :roll_eyes:

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Luke, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

·
Registered
966 Posts
welcome to the boc luke, you can use goldfish here yes, hope to see you on knox lake sometime, i fish there a lot ......... considering its in my backyard lol :wink:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
garry, i have never trapped.. maybe you can teach me the ends and outs.. i know a couple of creeks... rollo

Sure will ... Will talk about it today at meeting ....... Garry-:eek:oooh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've about read almost all of the library that pretains to what I need.

Heck I trap muskrats as well. Although I trap more possums then any other animal lol.

As far as Knox lake. A couple years ago I used to fish there quite a bit, with my dad. Since then my dad sold our 16' aluminum boat and bought a 28' bayliner so I'll be relocating to pleasant hill :embarassed: Hopefully I can find a cheap john boat.

Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts