Hedge Clippers vs Ring Finger....Who Wins??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Jun 27, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, I will tell ya it is sure not the finger. Grandma called me and asked me if I could come and trim their hedges for them. Of course I would not tell them no. Even though I have never done this. Long story short, I was about done and talking to Grandpa, not paying attention. The trimmers got stuck, I yanked on them and they came loose, so did my hands. I threw my hands up to protect my face as a reaction and presto, nice gash to the bone. Not sure how old the clippers are but they did not have a trigger for safety. It was just an on setting. So, 3 hours at the Urgent Care and $232 later I am glued up. I dont really like the glue idea, it has busted open on the end already. Came home and grabbed a bottle of Super Glue and fixed it up. LMAO

It was to the bone and over an inch long.

Told the wife 7 years of marriage has driven me to trying to cut the ring off. LMAO

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad you didn't get more finger in that thing. I any battle like that my money will always be on the trimmers. There are a lot of folks named Stubby that had battles with them. When it comes to machine against meat, the machine will always win. Hope you heal fast.

3. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Let me tell ya what, I wont be doing that again any time soon. Hurts like a Son of a Gun!!

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

A bandaid couldn't cure that??? Stitches, we need stitches!!!!!

Ray

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Suck it up and get back out there and finish them hedges.

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Tea, man i know that hurt, I get cut so much that I carry a med.kit in my truck ,with a medical staple gun in it all the time. It's fast and don't hurt much, better than hours in doctors office,and cheaper......OUCH.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    And I thought you were the Rambo of fishing why didnt you just get a hook and some line and stitch it up yourself LOL. Hey Tea all kidding aside that looks nasty hope it heals fast.

8. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Oh my, thay had to hurt!!! Hope you heal up quick and be careful of those trimmers they are the devil:eek:oooh:

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I hate cutting the ends of my fingers!!!! Ouch! Seems like every nerve ending in my body ends right at the end of my fingers. That hurts!! I feel for ya Tea, hope ya get better quick.

Jerrod

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hope it heals soon! Could of been worse you got lucky.

Attached Files:

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is true brother. Dang

This thing throbbed all night. It is leaking a little this mornin, may end up back at Dr. oddice today. Who knows??

12. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Can't believe they didn't stitch that up a little drainage is not bad good luck

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks, still draining, who knows. I hate doctors. Will tough it out and see what happens, as long as I do not see any sign of infection I will tough it out.

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Super Glue is sterile. So keep some handy (bad pun) I feel for you. I once cut the tip end off my right index finger. I had to learn to pick my nose left handed. lol They put it back on but it was hard to deal with a lot of things as i am right handed. keep it clean and good luck.

15. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Dang Tea, losing that fishing pole didn't hurt that bad did it? Could have done without the pictures, just had my breakfast!

Ployspearmin for the infection. My 2nd wife was an "hillbilly" and see always said the best cure was to "soakitinsider"

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Eli, gonna leave that one alone!!

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Dang tea,how could you be so careless??
    Glad I never grabbed the deck of a riding mower while it was running and lost the tips of 2 fingers,shattering the bones,and getting to meet the ring cutter.That would be stupid:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :crazy:

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, got a story for us Cook?? hehehe

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hey tea,tell them the truth.It was a big ol flathead that bit your finger.You were getting it up on the bank when it bit your finger,you let loose and he was gone.Thats why there's no pics of him.Didn't you say he may have been a state record??? :lol:

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Man that looks like It hurt really bad. I hope you can still fish with your finger glued up.