Heck of a finish for the 99 Car!!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by bownero, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My man in the 99 car Carl Edwards had a heck of a day at the KC track. Starting with a poor qualifying position, he was able to finish stong in 2 place only to be outrun by 48 Jimmie Johnson. Edwards had the momentum in the last lap, but hit the wall in turn 4 and was unable to catch the 48 car. Luckily Edwards was able to correct the car and managed his 2 place finish. It was awesome!! Be back next year!!

Thanks.
    Mark..

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey mark. stick your butt around. im and edwards fan and river runner 85. glad to see ya in here. thats was a heck of a finish. to bad it didnt stick a lil more he had JJ.

did ya hear the post race? carl said "my intentions was to hit the wall like in the video games. i didnt think it would slow me down that much. i wanted to win so bad."

that made the race. man that was better than the last 45 st dover last week. thought that was awesome. JJ had it won and out of no where carl drove in hot and way to fast hoping that the wall would let him ride out to the win. thats freaking racing.

and everyone got mad at kyle when he drove hot under JR at richmond earlier this season to try and win and they spun. folks this is a race. scew the points and chase. every race is to win. and today was one heck of an example of one man risking it all to win. that was awesome. plain and simple. theres no "well ill let him have it cause he leading crap" this year. the good drivers are winning and theres no giving anything. like in the daytona 500 when harvick drove up door to door with martin a couple years back. mark didnt rub doors and lost. every one watches for them photo finishes. and today was even better. out of the ordanary.

that dovers rubbing last 40 laps and carls bump and run at bristol and the spin after the race. best three reels on tape this year.

this could be one hell of a chase. hold on to your hats.:wink::smile2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    here it is. carl. your new wild roudy driver. god im so glad i took him after jarrett retired. hes just either winning or wrecked. what a get up and try to win guy.

[youtubevid]dpFdNbZYwuM[/youtubevid]

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I like Carl because he is so into it. The guy drives his a$$ off! It would be awesome if he wins the chase!!:wink:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    The whole crowd stood up and cheered when Carl came around on the bottom. One of the best finishes I have seen in a long time. That 3rd and 4th position race was a great one too. Had a great day at the track. After this weekend I turned a couple of shades browner though. It was a warm one.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Officially back home from the big weekend of racing at the track. It was a warm one J.C.! Glad my wife's aunt had the sunscreen ready for us. It sure helps when the sun is beating down on ya. Loved the pre-race show with the military helicopters and the sky-divers. That was cool! Been to the K.C. Nascar track since the grand opening of 2001. Ain't going to stop now. Always exciting being there and watching the fans. Had a couple of guys passed out from intoxication behind us. LMAO! can't believe they spend all that money and time to get there and sleep during most of the race. LOL! Heck some of the people were taking pictures of them. Cheap entertainment.:smile2: Anyhow, had a great time and we're back home save. Great weekend getaway!! Gotta love NASCAR!!!!!!!:wink:

Mark..

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Mark I saw a couple of trucks from Nebraska. One of them was a blue ford and don't remember the color. LOL I wasn't the one behind you passed out. LOL I was one row behind it. The blue one had race bound on the rear window of the camper in blue also.

8. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    That was pretty cool when the brought the pace car in on the helicopter. Boy I wish Edwards would of won those last two laps were great. I didnt think he would even get close. It was kinda an uneventful race till the end. My man Stewart did keep it interesting for a while. LOL Wish I would of known you guys where there. Could of BSed for a while.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! There is quite of few Nebraska nascar fans down there in K.C. for the races. Every year I drive a bluish green Tahoe with 14 Co. Neb. plates. Sometimes we get lucky and bump into someone we know. My wife's aunt lives in Olathe and has alot of friends that attend the races also. Maybe next year we should hook up and shoot the breeze. That should be a great time. Going to BBQ next year. You guys are definently invited!!:wink:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    carls post race video game comments. go #99 baby. lets make JJ and gordon see the cup on another shelf.

[youtubevid]W_zpzBlFxB0[/youtubevid]

dont matter. you gave us one hell of a finish and something to talk about. and you did it clean and didnt take no body out. they were out front all alone and that was just awesome efforts from a hell of a wild young 29year old winner.