heavy rain

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Mar 18, 2008.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    5 to 8 inches have fell in the area of Truman,Stockton and Pomm. Lakes, with more to come, lakes will be shooting up, also will warm a little. Eastern Kansas, from Kansas city south to Fort Scott, has a big influence on Truman, water level. we will see some high water by next week takes about 4 days to get to Osceola, and a lot of drift comming down. so don't take chances and wear a life jacket.
    Jim

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    yea ,i just hope it dosent screw the fishing up this year.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The fishing was wonderful last year with all the high water (at least, it was wonderful on the upper LOZ near Warsaw) - but I hope it's not quite that good this year, as 2 years in a row of uneducated hillbillies killing every big fish they catch is really going to put the hurt on the catfish population during the coming years... The MDC should have taken action already but they haven't and probably won't.

Truman will almost certainly be a log-jammed mess again if the lake comes up very much -- most of the timber from the last flood is on the banks just waiting to get picked up again.

Sure seems strange to me that the folks living between Joplin, Stockton, Ft. Scott and Clinton just keep getting dumped on again and again... :confused2:

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Starting out to be a repeat of last year Jim.
    Best fishing weve had since the 80's.:big_smile:
    Get's too bad on Truman we will just fish below the dam, I hear theres Big fish there too....:wink:

5. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's freaking nuts right now. I live in semo and roads, schools and towns are closing because of flooding. My camper is gone at Castor river. I love this high water during spring as far as fishing feeder creeks into the river but this is ridiculus.

6. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    It should make for an interesting tournament. Cant wait. See you guys Saturday.

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i just came in from a run out west, had to drive all over the place to find a way home . all the rivers were over the roads. made it to poplar bluff was on hwy 60 which is a four lane road, the water was one foot deep over the road. the mississippi down here was a real mess before this 6 - 7 inch rain. not looking good at all.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Guess upour way we ws really lucky.this round. We probably only had maybe 1 1/2 -2 "rain.Lot of trash coming down river and Salt river is up but thats pretty normal his time of year, Mississippi on the rise but nothing serious there either.Suppose to crest at Clarksville this weekend at 24.8 so they say. Flood stage is 25'So we'll see what happens.Really bad South of St Louie.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll post some pics of sugar creek and Elk river in the morning. Elk makes up Grand lake, help it anyway, it's the head water. The creeks on the horse:angry:

10. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sweet it will be time to load the freezer with cold water blue cat!:big_smile:

11. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We only got about 1.5" up here in KC, but I think Ft. Scott got almost 3". Should be plenty of water headed down that way.

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Pomme de Terre Lake came up nearly 8 ft in the last 24 hours. That's a lot of rain. And it's all going to end up in Truman soon. Probably going to require some adjustments in fishing strategy for the next few weeks...

Truman is up 2 ft, Stockton nearly 3 ft all in the last 24 hours.

http://www.nwd-mr.usace.army.mil/rcc/reports/showrep.cgi?3MRDTAP7

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    the mississippi river down here, flood stage is 34 the river by this weekend is going to be at 42 and still comming up, all the farm land under water. in october the river was at -3 what a change.

14. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just don't catch em all unitl I get there. Got my vaction approved starting 13 Jun. I know it will be getting warm then, but I want to try more night fishing so I just do more of that.