Heavy Duty Fishing Rod Holders : BIG FISHING ROD HOLDERS

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by tnkatman, Nov 13, 2005.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Buy A Rod Holder That's Big Enough For A Quantum Big Cat Rod To Fit In ?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The rod on the right in the below pic is a quantum bigcat..These holders were custom made out of rebar, and are about 3ft tall.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, this is ironic, in a "What Type of Rod" for Circle Hook thread I showed the same rod holders, plus mentioned specifically how they handeled Big Cat rods real well.

Here is the link on the other BOC thread: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4071

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Where Can I Get One Of Those Rod Holders ? Do You All Sale Them ?

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    THANKS FOR THAT LINK! Those are some nice Rod Holders, w/ that 2/x4, I think I have an idea for some better rod holders for the boat.

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks, they work good for me. But I wouldn't use the tool dip again though. I think plastic hose would work better. An idea I got from BAM. That tool dip wears off pretty fast. They're pretty easy and cheap. make sure you make your bends so that your rod handles will fit. I've had to make the two "U's" larger for the bigger rods I'm using now.

8. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Tnkatman, Driftmaster makes a rod holder that will handle the quantum rods...