Heated dock fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by fishnfool68, Jan 15, 2007.

1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I was wondering who's fishing heated docks,and where.I just found out that Claremore lake has a heated dock now.Are thier any other heated docks in the Tulsa area?If so has anyone been catching anything in them?I'm ganna have to try Claremore's and make a report.

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Got a heated dock, at Lake Hefner, only thing is, that the lake has to come up 2' before the dock is wet again.
    Will

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lets see, at Keystone there is Peir 51. It is on the South side of Highway 51 as you go into Mannford from the Dam.

Skiatook has Crystal Bay Marina. To get to it take Highway 20 West from Skiatook. There is a big sign on the South Side of the road that will say Crystal Bay. Follow the road back through the neighborhood of ritsy titsy houses. You'll go around a curve to the left and then you'll be on the edge of a switch back that drops down and goes from one hill to the other. Once you come up out of the switchback, you will see the marina. Go into the store at the end of the parking lot, and that is where you will pay for your fishing.

Claremore has a dock also. Take 20 east from Claremore to Nabatak. Get yer minnows at Nabatak and ask for directions to the lake. Once at the lake, follow the road back to the boatramp and dock. Go into the Guard shack/ranger station and pay for your fishing. Then head on over to the dock. Claremore has a 10 in mimimum for crappie and the cats have a TON of yellow meat.

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I grew-up fishing Claremore lake and haven't had a problem with alot of yellow meat.I know where they put the dock in at is a pretty good spot to catch crappie and channels.I didn't know Crystal bay had a heated dock.Have you caught anyfish from it before?Brother I sure do appriciate the info.Who else has the itch to do a little dock fishing?

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Does anyone sell a pontoon rigged this way?Just curious.I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

6. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I have an n-law that my wife said used to make a tent out of tarps on his pontoon and set a propane heater between him and her brother fishing in the winter time.The would just face the open end down wind.When I get a pontoon someday I'll have that setup.:smile2:

7. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I've got the itch, but not the ability right now. Have to wait till I get over this bronchitus first.

As far as catchin fish at Crystal Bay, yep, we have caught a mess there. Crappie, sandies, hybrids, small stripers, and small blues too.

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Do a little fishing when you get better bro.I'm praying for you.

9. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I'm going fishing with the family somewhere this friday.I'm going to check and see how late the docks are open,I prob won't get thier till 5pm or so have to wait till school gets out,then again maybe not:wink:

10. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Caught some small crappie,but they were not biting well.We were only there for about 2.5 hours and I didn't have any livers:sad2: thats usually good for some channels thier.Tried the crappie that I had but to no effect.Water temps on the decline due to thawing ice.Guys at the dock said not much as been biting since the ice storm and the cold snap.I hope to get out there again when it warms up,I'm sure the fish will be hungry.I'll make sure to bring some chicken liver.

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Mike, where'd ya finally decide to go?

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    green leaf state park has a heated dock...the wife and i were going this weekend, but the threat of foul weather made us re-schedule. probably be a month or so before we go. i think i will try to chum that place since we are going to be there for a couple of days.

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Phil, does Shawnee still have the heated dock, by the ranger station?
    Will

14. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Like I said I didn't get livers,so I didn't catch a cat.I've hooked some huge blues on liver there.Though usually I catch an eater or two.I'll head back as soon as I can get around to it,may be awhile.I'll give you a holler Tdawg before hand.

15. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Mike, try mixing some cayenne with the livers, or in a home made doughbait.
    Will

16. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    There are alot of heated docks up here on Grand lake. Not as many as there used to be but still quite a few. your best bet is just to call around first and find out where they are at. hope this helps you out some.

17. mack5522

mack5522 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lake sahoma has a heated dock also , it used to be pretty good but i havent fished it in years

18. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Ponca city lake has a nice heated dock. Don't get the opportunity to fish it though.

19. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I think Pez (Tom) and myself are gonna try Pier 51 on Sat. Plannin on leavin Tulsa around 10 if anyone would like to join us!

20. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    What in the world is a heated dock? Never heard of one, and why would you want to heat them? Only for fishing purposes?

Wheelmobile07