Heat shrink

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by stoney53, Jul 13, 2009.

1. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i take your talking about heat shrink tubing? if so i get the stuff from any good auto parts store or electric supply place not sure if walmart would have it

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    The tubing will not work if you have to cut it. The tip and whatever guides that are in the way to the guide that needs repairing will have to be removed, so you can get the tubing down the blank then insert the guides foot to heat and to hold in place.

Its just a temporary fix right? or are you going to wrap thread over it?. Just wondering?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009

3. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Kenny's Right; Wont work if ya hafta cut it.....:eek:oooh: Man I dont know what some of these companies use for rod coat but I guarantee my wraps and rod coat for the life of the rod, I think they use that on purpose to sell more rods.:crazy:

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

X2 You know it leland, You think they use the Same stuff ??.:smile2:
    same here I double or triple coat-em sometimes, they ain't going nowhere!guaranteed!!LOL:wink:

Even if they got the shrink wrap on , it will hold till you got the first good fish or 2 maybe. They need to be wrapped.and double flex coated. IMHO