Heat: its hurting me too

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by natethe great, Aug 8, 2007.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey guys i might go down to the local lake tommarow if it doest reach 106 like its supposed to today im thinking about using strictly cut bait i dont know yet well if you guys have any suggestions on how to fish this awfull heat and thet right bait to use in the middle of it please let me now
    untill next time good fishing

2. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sorry I can't help . I am at high rock lake , the fish aren't biting good here and the yadkin river is down we fish up the river a lot . we have started running aground up the river where we fish. We went to Tuckertown last week and the water was so low we couldn,t put the boat in.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Nate, I would go early and come home before the extreme heat sets in. As far as bait use the same thing as any other time. I don't know what lake you are going to and whats in it. Let me know and maybe I can help more.

4. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    well the local lake is oak hollow lke in high point nc and theres everything but flatties and i usually use shad or chicken livers if theres anything else i should use please inform me

good fishing
    :cool2:

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I would stick with the shad, and if you can catch some bream or white perch, try them too. I've fished oak hollow only one time a few years ago, I was fishing for hybrid , didn't get any but did get white perch so I know they're in there. I think there are several channels in there, you good try some fresh shrimp too. Good luck

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    humm good question I would hit the deep water and dropoffs, maybe even anchor up over a hole and put up the canopy top and kick back. if you anchor up i would use live shad on a carolina rig. or use a slipbobber rig to keep the shad off the bottom about 3'. good luck and welcome to the boc.

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Just do like most of us old folks do... when it's too hot, stay under the A/C! Go fishing in the evening and at night when the cool breezes make the great outdoors habitible again.

There's lots of benefits to fishing at night that aren't so obvious during the day. The sounds of the night wind, coyotes, night birds and blessed silence. No traffic noise, no sirens (at last very few), no jerkbikes, no noisy kids and pure relaxation. Besides, the catfish usually come up to the shallows which make them easier to find and catch.

Try it, you'll like it!

8. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    :0a31:thnxs for all the help and tips like stay in the ac all day lol and what to use

9. andrewlail76

andrewlail76 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm with tkishkape
    I can't stand the heat...
    Night fishing...and early morning fishing is the best!

Any you don't have to be an old timer to enjoy it...I'm only 31

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, night fishing is a pretty good idea here in the heat of the summer if you can stand the bugs. But if you have to fish during the day bring the bimini top and the sunglasses. I don't think there would be any difference in the type of bait you're using just b/c of the heat. Use whatever works for you whether it's hot or not.

11. shooowhee

shooowhee New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for all the info, fish on.