Heard something wierd....

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by mikeskywalker, May 23, 2008.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I heard a strange sound lastnight it all started at around 9 when i opened my first miller light and at 905 # 2 915 #3 well you get that part. So i decide that since wife and kids are tucked away in camper im going to break in my new rod..... So i reach in and get the biggest sunfish in my bucket ( i only had 1 ) so i hooked him or her on and flung it out to this big old logjam.....waiting and waiting drinking and drinking i hear this click and then another click and then silence ok then i hear a CRACK ( me opening a beer ) then there was on more click and then a SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMM ok fish on it was me versus the fish we fought id gain and then he would gain it went on for 10 minutes and then all of the sudden whoosh here come my hook and sinker flying past my head....... So gentelmen im on a mission i will catch a flathead this weekend it's gona take alot of beer but i think im up for the challange............. BEWARE MR FLATHEAD

2. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    GIT-R-DONE master skywalker!

Remember...it is a major violation of man law to catch a big flathead and NOT take and post pictures!

Drink a beer for me and catch that monster. I'll be at a family reunion all weekend.:angry:

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I feel you mike. I lost one two days ago myself. I WILL get that fish. You should get yours too.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I am assuming that you had one to many barley pops and fell asleep and it was all a dream...

either that or I am jealous LOL

Good luck! Land a big one I need some pics to keep me going!

5. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    My 10 year old just called he caught a 18 in. walley the lucky little punk....
    I need chubs.....................

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Casey's Bait shop....

7. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    free Chubs.....

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have been looking around, havn't found a spot worth my time.... let me know if you find anything

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    dont get drunk and fall in !!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

10. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    4 hours till my pursuit continues.......Pylodictis olivaris will be mine all mine i say......WAAAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think im going crazy......

11. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Good luck tonight Mike!

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    where'd you get your sunfish? i'd fish with a green sunfish over a chub any day!

13. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Got them at copper creek 1 worm 1 hour and i got a dozen if these little F$^%S wouldn't of started the remote boat driving in my spot.......

14. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT SUNFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL US THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    UMMMMM i got it at UMMMMMMM Copper creek got 12 more waiting in car
    ok im out of here you got my # if you want to head out i'll be there till monday just give me a call 720-8718

BYOB ( Bring Your Own BAIT )

16. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Forget the beer and use the force. LOL!

17. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well gents no luck had a really big flathead to the shore my buddy went to grab it and it rolled and snaped the line............

18. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    four mile creek...off easton...the community center...hook n line ...always worked for me...hope it helps

19. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Skywalker...I can catch all the chubs you will ever need! Plus an occasional bullhead which I prefer!!

20. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    However by the time you were to drive the 30 miles one way from Des Moines to get them you might as well save the $8 bucks in gas and buy em! I have 2 or 3 spots that always seem to work. Just got to be willing to go from bridge to bridge on the gravel roads until you find your honey hole.