Heard of a Cormoran Reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by patric3069, May 16, 2007.

1. patric3069

patric3069 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I live in Germany (military) and I've been plotting my Red River (La) excursions for a few weeks now. I found an Angler shop and they had a slew of reels I never heard of.
    Anyway, I bought a Cormoran 6000pi for roughly $120. It is a spinner and contains 9 sealed heat-treated ball bearings and 25lb/320yds.
    I'm getting my old man to buy me a 10ft Catmaxx and once I hit ground I'm spending my 3wk vacation fishing the Red.
    Have I made a mistake spending this amt on a 'shot in the dark' reel or am I in good hands?
    PS
    I think it is made by Daiwa.

2. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    patric3069, Your choice is a Good one!!! I know the product name and have used some of the reels made by them in the past. For Catfishing, the one that you have will work! With the rate of exchange at the moment being what it is, you will have gotten your money's worth in the end. I have looked at the 6000 models that my primary tackle shop has available and wondered if the reel was one with the Baitrunner or Freilauf function? If so, the value will be much more apparent as you fish. By the way, have you got your Fishing License from Germany? If so, where are you? You may want to get with some of the locals or even go out by yourself and catch some of the Wels while you are there. At any rate, you should be happy with your purchase. JMHO!!!!!!

HOPPY4

3. patric3069

patric3069 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it's a baitrunner or what. I mailed it off yesterday to my father. I figured 109EUR was steep, but I wanted something that would last. Also, I am PCSind to Norfolk and I want to try some offshore fishing (never experienced it), therefore, I need a versatile 'big rig' setup.
    It's too late to do any local fishing, since I'm permanently leaving Baumholder on 11june. You have to jump through too many hoops in order to fish here. It's worse than getting my motorcycle license. But you should see the pics this place had of Rhine River cats! Monsterous! And the guy said the one's in Italy are even bigger.
    When I come back I'll try to make more of an effort.

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    patric3069, you are WELCOME! I moved from Germany last November and have seen some of the fish that are in europe. You are right about the Wels in the Rhine and the fish in the Po and Ebro are LARGER! We are Very Proud of you and the other Service Members that put your lives on the line for this country. Enjoy your fishing while at home and also the salt water fishing out of Norfolk. Good Luck and Welcome HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC!