Heard Good Things about Kansas catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, May 5, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I was just wondering if Kansas was getting much recognition as a catfishing hotspot with this question. Does anyone outside of Kansas who has fished Kansas waters before see Kansas as a hotspot for catfish in any particular area? If you have never fished in Kansas have you herd good things about it?

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've always had real good luck around Lawrence for flatheads.They have a pretty good reputation for big ones there.

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have seen 80+ lb cats taken from rivers in Wichita, Emporia, and below dams at Fall river. I am not saying these are common, but an old fisherman in Emporia averaged one around 80 about 6 times a year. Now he caught lots under 80 and had gobs of pics. Guess it just depends on your definition of hotspot.

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    When I Use To Live In MO., We Used To Go To The Rodman Resevoir, We Caught Quite A Few Good Flatties There. The Potomac Area Was Good Too, But Better For Us @ Rodman.

Good Luck, Elliot

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I wish Kansas the best of luck, but with the restrictions you guys enjoy on your fishing pleasure, I don't think I'd want to go there to fish.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I have an uncle who lives in Kansas, and I've fished out there twice. I caught 2 fish w/ a combined weight of MAYBE 1/2 lb. lol!!!:roll_eyes:

7. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    You just didnt go to the right place

8. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Here in 'Bama, we think of Kansas as our dream location for catching a big Flathead. Amazed at the size of fish that come from your "rivers".