Health update....................

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just got back from a doctor's appointment and unfortunately I have another bladder infection,so............it's round 3 of antibiotics. I have put 4 pounds of the 17 that I had lost back on. My doctor does appear to be concerned and wants to run full blown renal(kidney)panels which is blood work on a monthly basis for the next few months and is also considering sending me to a Urologist. He changed one of my meds,sending me Friday for an MRI on my lumbar Spine as he is trying to figure out why my right leg is giving me such fits at night. It just burns like crazy. I'm rather tired of my health doing this. It could be so much worse,but it could also be much better!! I'm just hoping and praying that eventually we get to the bottom of this and get it turned around.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hang in there Kid,,,,dring cranberry juice or have canned cranberrys,,,that helps the bladder with infections and helps the kidneys...

This advice brought to you by the man with a homemade bladder,,,,

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jim, ya gave me great advice,I might go get me some cranberry juice.:big_smile:

4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Good thoughts and prayers headed your way, Pat!

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Hang in there Pat. I hope the worst is over for you.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    About a month ago I went to the docs, they found a blood clot in my leg, maybe they could check yours out too. I had swelling, poor circulation, etc, couldn't wear some shoes unless I was moving around. I had numbness in my foot, and it felt like it was on fire when I was driving. Hope they get ya fixed up.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat were holding you up in Prayer.

8. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    pat i sure hope things get better for ya.

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Pat i hope they get i figgured out what is going on with your leg .I know how leg pains are ,unlike yours my legs are cold to me all the time cirulation is good but mine is nerve damage in lower spine . my legs are cold an partly numb all the time ,well to me anyhow my wife can touch my leg an say it is warm ,but to me its cold.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Pat, sorry that you are still bogged down with unhealthy situation. I know that it gets tiring but please know that we are pulling for you. After five years I have finally started getting better from health problems...It will happen, just gotta be meaner and more bull-headed than the ailment...smile :wink:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pay,I hope they get figured out what you need to be WELL,Prayers still coming .

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had my husband go to the store and get cranberry juice,he came back with crangrape as it was all the store had. I will faithfully drink it. I am so thankful for all you fine folks on the BOC. Ya all are so caring and I'm mighty proud that I can call ya all friends.::0a31::0a31: May God Bless each and everyone of you!!:big_smile:

13. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I've been told that urinary tract infections are caused by a certain strain of ecol i bacteria. Drinking enough cranberry juice will make your kidneys and bladder an uninhabitable place for such bacteria. Send your hubby somewhere else for the juice the right juice and chugalug. Try to get the unsweetened stuff all that sugar is not good for you. If you have a health food store near by go there and ask for something called vaxa ph buffer. give it a few days to work. My mom was in complete renal shut down and they wanted to do dialysis and a kidney transplant. She took the ph buffer and her kidneys opened up and started working again. DON'T DRINK SODA POP!!!!!! Modern medicine is set up to keep you sick so they can make money from you.

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Prayers from my family to yours Pat. Hang in there and get well soon!

15. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    You are in my prayers, Pat.

I had a lot of strange pains and issues that just would not go away. I finally went to a good doctor that traced my issues to ulcerative proctitis.

I wouldn't say that you have this condition, but I can say that the doctor suggested two supplements that I now take that have eased all my pains except arthritis!

One is enteric-coated fish oil. The Wal-Mart brand works fine. You want to make sure that they are coated so that you avoid the aftertaste and so that the oil makes it into your lower digestive system. The Omega 3 is good for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure too.

The other is Jarro-Dophilus EPS by Jarrow Formulas. This is a pro-biotic that you can purchase at a health-food store or through Amazon. It is the most effective probiotic from what I have read. You especially need a probiotic after being on a strong antibiotic; not only this, a lot of internal issues can be traced to imbalances of this kind, especially if you have been having trouble with various infections. Think of it as planting good crops to keep the weeds down!

There is a lot of good evidence supporting cranberry juice, too!

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thoughts still here with you Pat. Thanks for keeping us updated.

17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Continuing prayers for you and your situation Pat. Stay safe,hang tough, and keep the Faith!!!:wink:

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sister pat i dont know what to tell you to help but you are in our prayers here in pits house.hoping you get well soon.

19. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Pat if you are taking Iron pills don't drink cranberry juice.You can make a parsley tea that will work like the cranberry juice.
    You could drink a keg of beer a day to keep your kidney's open, but then you would proble pickle your liver.:wink:
    Oh well theres always draw backs on any medication.
    Hang in there ole gal it will get better.
    Loop

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Loop, it's been a long time since you replied to one of my posts,good to hear from ya ole man!! I don't take iron pills and ya know I don't drink. Thanks for the advise anyway.:big_smile::big_smile: