Health update from slowboat

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slowboat, Jul 15, 2009.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know if you are aware of this or not, so here it goes
    Tuesday June 2 went to Saint Ann's hospital. short of breath.
    Stayed there till Thursday and was taken to Mount Carmel for a cauterization.
    Was discharged on Friday. Returned to Mt. Carmel on Monday for an implant of combination
    of Pace maker and Deliberator. Was discharged on Wednesday
    Thursday back to doctor with high fever
    Sent to Saint Ann's again and was found to have caught a hospital disease called Cdiff.for short
    its an intensenal disease caused by hospital sanitation.Its the worst pain I have ever felt.
    Was kept in Saint Anns until Friday the 19th when I was discharged with a bunch of Scripts
    and told to go home and suffer. Doctors say it can take between 8 to 19 weeks to heal from this disease.
    I have been down for over a month now with something that was supposed to take 2 days.
    Right now I am looking at over 150 000 dollars in bills
    I have 2 insurance plans that are fighting over which one is the primary and as a result neither one in paying.
    The good news I am starting to feel better and it won't be to much longer before I'm back to normal.
    Hal

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good to hear for feeling better Hal. Well wishes from California for ya brother:wink:

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Glad To hear your getting better :big_smile:

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about of the problems Hal .... I hope that you get you feet planted and back to good health .... Have you found yourself a good attorney yet? I would looking real hard.:cool2: ...... Garry-

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hal were sorry to hear of your medical problems. Sometimes the bills end up a bigger problem than the original medical problem. Get well soon.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Best wishes for you Hal I know exactly what you have went through with thus.Good luck in the future fishing hope to see you near the waters.

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    glad to hear your feeling better hal, be time to get out soon

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man Hal, sounds like some tough times, but glad you are still here! Things will pan out, and you have my familys prayers as well. Goodluck to you, we all are here for ya man l! rollo

9. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hope things work out in your favor on the insurance.I also have 2 insurances and had heart attacks 2 years ago so I know what you are going thru. Sometimes there haggling can be a pain in the %^&. . It will save you a lot of worry and agravation if you will keep in touch with hospital billing and let them know whats going on, Hope you are back on the water soon.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    hope ya get to feeling better hal

11. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    so glad to hear it. it is good to get an update. i know there were alot on here praying for you. dont stress about the insurance let them two take eachother to court over it. it isnt your worry it is theirs. focus on getting better and getting back on the water. i hope thats soon

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope you're taking it easy right now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    you are in my thoughts and prayers Hal.

14. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just wondering how ya been doing bro?

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good news Hal hope all goes well. See ya fishing my friend!

16. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    You've been in my thoughts and prayers Hal. I'm glad you're finally feeling a little better. You've been missed here and when you're up to it we'll hit the water and catch some turtles (just kidding buddy...i meant FISH!)