HEALED on Moultrie!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill in SC, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I witnessed a miracle Thursday! Catmaster James had asked me to accompany him to the Santee. He elaborated that he had just taken a cortisone shot for his tennis elbow, and he was incapacitated to the point that I was going to have the arduous task of reeling in any/all the fish we got into. Having only worked a half day in the last two weeks, and realizing what a monumental task James was asking of me, and finally having been called for TWO jobs to do Thursday... I promptly canceled work! :wink::smile2::wink:
    I arrived at James' house at 5 am and we headed out to Canal Lakes where we had breakfast with Penn Slammer and Capt. Jim Kyle, served by Fishin' Chick. The Slammer had faithfully gathered us some mullet for bait, and I had brought some live bream. After unloading James' 'toon, we glided into the canal, and headed south towards Lake Moultrie. Upon setting up on our first drift, I quickly boated a 22# blue. Five minutes later, I had a 37# blue in the boat. That's when the miracle occurred. James spoke up and said, I'm HEALED!!! NO more pain, and full movement in his arm! :wink::wink::wink: We fished hard the rest of the day, and while I rested, he proceeded to catch 8 or 10 nice eating size channels and blues he had promised for a fish fry at work. Feeling somewhat disillusioned since he hadn't caught any hogs, we fished on until after dark. We had used the mullet/bream all day with good results. Now mind you, these mullet were nearly TEN pounds apiece! We had a pile of mullet guts on the cutting board and I told James that we ought to get some of them on a hook. There was a portion of the guts that looked like a gizzard, goozle, gullet, or some unidentifiable organ. It was round and hard and the hook grabbed it well. It had more guts attached to it. He eased it into the water and slowly let the line out to a sufficient distance behind the boat, along with the other 5 rods baited with mullet and bream. We waited a while and he caught a splendid 12 pound or so blue on a live bream. Very shortly after that, a rod slammed down and James had his hog on! The rod with the guts had taken it's victim! James landed a fine 29# blue!! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: All in all, we had a great day on the water. It's amazing how watching someone catch fish will heal you, but it certainly happened to James yesterday!! The moral of the story is, is you have a choice between work and fishin', and you can help heal a buddy, go fishin'!! :wink:

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    great story and pictures...thanks ...The lord works in mysterious ways :smile2:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    great story Bill thanks and congrats on a good day

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    LOL,,good post Bill ; )

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    LOL! :smile2:

Good one Bill!

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great story Bill. Glad you followed your heart and went fishing:wink:

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    That is some great fishing there Bill congrats.

8. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like you and your buddies age having a great year catfishing.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bill for the story and pics. Nice day on the water, for sure. Yes, God works in mysterious ways. A day fishing is better than a day at work any time.:wink:

10. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    WAY TO GO!!!!! NICE CATCH JAMES AND BILL, WISH I COULDA BEEN THERE!!

11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Excellent Bill, thanks for the story and pictures.

12. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Good post, Bill. Congrats on a good day fishin!:big_smile:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

What he said, thanks

14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill, you need to get a new set of scales, the fish in those pic's looks a lot bigger than 37#.
    Great catch.

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    good catch and a good story. fishing is sometimes all a person needs for physical therapy.

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Granted, they were NICE fish, Dean, but good photography can maximize a fish in pics, without any photoshop or other manipulation. By the same token, giant monster fish can be made mediocre by poor photography. I judge everything I hold, compared to a 50# bag of dog food I often carry. That said, I feel like the weights posted were right on the money as none of the fish posted were nearly as heavy as a bag of dog food. :wink:

Bill in SC

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill if you're not already, have you ever considered being a guide?? You got what it takes.:big_smile: Either that or a writer or maybe even both.
    You love to fish, you catch fish, you stay on the water...thats all you need. The 6pak lic. takes a little studing but if i could do it you sure can.

I got to renew my avatar, i'll leave Seth at home one day and go out and catch a fat cat.................i don't know, i'll need someone to tak a pic and all the dogs ever get is my feet and the fish's tail. :eek:oooh: Ever sence i started taking him fishn it seems i don't be standing beside the rod with the big fish on it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll be happy to accompany you to snap a new avatar shot! PM sent.

BB

19. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Great post Bill!! Thanks for the pics too!:wink:

20. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    And the church SAID......
    Good report.