Heads Up on the GMR this weekend.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RiverFever, May 24, 2009.

1. RiverFever

RiverFever New Member

State:
    ohio
    Was bank fishing on the Great Miami last night around the New Baltimore area when around 11:30 at night two fish and Game wardens came down and shocked the heck outta me seeing them that late.They werent counting poles or checking coolers but they did want to see your license.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    The ODNR are on the job I'd say. For the cost of our license it's good to see them walking some an patrol to make sure everyone is respecting of others. I was out last night checking some spots from the banks an all I could see was trash an more trash, totally rediculous.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    THATS GREAT!!!! We need more wardens than we have...I would like to see many more tickets for littering!

4. RiverFever

RiverFever New Member

State:
    ohio
    Couldnt agree more.But as far as littering goes I think the DNR needs to come down on people who fish holes there not familar with and then throw all there 8 to 12 inch carp all over the bank and in others fire pits and stink the banks up.

5. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

As widespread and sucessful as carp have been, it's completely rediculous to think that removing a few is going to put any kind of dent in the carp population, might as well just treat them the same you would any other fish, if you're not going to eat it or use it for bait, just release it.

Carp have been with us for more than 150 years, they've survived every attempt so far at removing and controlling them, even mass extermination campaigns always end up falling flat.... nothing short of draining every body of water in the United States is going to rid us of the carp, and even if we did that, as soon as they've all been filled back up, it wont be long before someone either purposely or accidently re-introduces them.... Like it or not, carp are here to stay, and as long as our water can support life they will be here, we humans will probably go extinct loooong before the carp will.

6. RiverFever

RiverFever New Member

State:
    ohio
    Larry Im with ya I dont look as carp as garbage fish.The carp Im talking about were Shovelhead bait.

7. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

I do, I think they are an invasive and very destructive species that I would love to see go the way of the dinosaur(atleast here in the US where they don't belong)..... but there's not really much we can do about them.... we made our bed and now we're sleeping in it(so to speak).