Heads up mushroom hunters

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Aug 29, 2007.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    letting you all know that withh the rain and cool temps came the puffball mushrooms. me and cuz found three today while hunting tree rats. man was that a great dinner tonight! so go getum all and enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    cant wait for mushrooms to come up here

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    rain??? cold temps????? wow we are still yet to experienct those here in southeastern indiana. but man i cant wait

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks like them squirels best go see a urologist. LOL! Great positioning on the pic. LOL! You do have the talent. LOL!

5. catfishhunter17

catfishhunter17 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey iwas wondering what you hunt squirrels with?i was just wondering my problem right now the wont come low enough for me to get a shot off they are eating nuts strait from the trees.I dont have a scope.

thanks in advance,
    JR

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i use a scoped 22 for squirrel. you can use a 12guage with 4 shot to takeum from the tree tops. i dont limit out all the time because i like head shots only (more fun than gun)but hey they arent my favorite animal to clean either. lol after 2/3 hours they are pretty hard to skin you know. i used to have one of those "mr. squirrel" calls that would bring them running down the trees for a shot at certain times through the season.

7. wabash fisherman

wabash fisherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks for the information, ive never hunted fall mushrooms before. Doug

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if you are new to puffballs you need to know what ones are safe!!!!! there are two kinds that i know of. the one you want will be white as snow with an inside texture like white bread. the bad one is more like a porous hard sponge on the inside(do not eat!!!!). look on the net for different ways to prepare your find. we just slice(1/2in.) peel the skin ,flower n fry in the skillet in butter and oil.