Heading to Wateree Sat

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FishN4Fun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Me and my brother gonna head down to Wateree Saturday AM to try to find some fish. Probably gonna put in a Beaver Creek and ride over to June and down to Colonel looking for schooling stripers at day break. Then we will probably drift for stripers and blues for a few hours. Anybody seen any schoolin activity down there yet? Or have any info on the catfish bite. First trip down since April. Glad the temp. is finally starting to drop a bit. Can't wait for the winter time fishing.

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Ive saw a few schools near beaver creek late in the evinings the cats are good near state park caught 33 tues big fish 19lbs good luck an let us know how yall do

3. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We seen a school in front of Singletons last Sat-Good luck!

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Jeff caught a Striper last Saturday during the tourney in Singleton that went right at 10 lbs,he hit a Perch head drifting.Singleton had a good bit of bait in then.
    I read a couple of other reports thatn some were being caught right below Beaver Creek headed towrds Colonel Creek.They should be in the Honeyhole area in the next month or so and then I will be down after em.:wink:

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Don't fish for stripers that much and haven't seen any schooling. Did fish yesterday eve and a little last night. Caught about 10 cats 8lbs according to my new scales, don't know were the big boys were. Full moon had them at bay i guess. Headed to Monty today for a few eaters. Man i want to check out them new lip locks scales on a big fish:confused2: 8lbs