Heading to Truman Lake today

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by blackhorse83, Mar 6, 2007.

1. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm on my way to Truman lake today to try out a couple of new rods, and to make sure the boat runs alright after setting all winter. Will post later.

2. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    GOOD LUCK! Hope you catch the monster blue I have been waiting for.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck to ya! I'd pour a bottle of Seafoam additive in the gas tank just to be safe. I think its about $5 at Oreilly's. Let us know if you do any good. Chris

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Didn't need the sea foam the boat ran great but the cats didn't do much. Did find a good mess of shad but didn't need them. Oh well I'll try them again this weekend.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I'm going to give it a shot on Thursday and would appreciate any info on where to find shad. I threw the net a ton below the dam Sunday night but they were nowhere to be found. Might go up on the lake to get the shad then fish below the dam. Thanks, Chris

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The place where I found my shad was near mud banks that the wind was blowing to, they were in about 8 to 12 ft. of water. I got mine early so I would say the might not have been that deep later in the day.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Lyle - did I see you guys drift fishing near the Hwy 83 bridge? There were two boats drifting together.

I didn't catch a thing yesterday except the stomach flu... Been sleeping on the bathroom floor most of the night. Ugh.

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    No that wasn't me I was at the 82 access and didn't drift all day. I wish I new you was gonna be there though I was by my self. Maybe next time.