Heading to Truman Lake the weekend of May 5th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whisker_chaser, Apr 26, 2007.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am getting everything whipped into shape for that trip. I should be down there 3 nights. I stay near Mack's Camp. If anyone wants to do some fishing pm me. Hopefully the flatheads will be actively feeding. I cant wait to get back down there. If anyone has been having any luck there let me know. I usually do fairly well in early May on Truman. I target mostly flatheads but I am game to try just about anything.

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Where is macks camp ,been on truman all my life never heard of it.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You Fellas Don't go catching all them Fish!! Save some for Me I'll be down there for the Gathering May 18,19,20, O.K. L.O.L. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It's on the Tebo arm, down at the end of TT.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    J.D. I'll have to agree with you on catchin all thefish. Maybe they will get them to be more active for us:roll_eyes: . Hope to see you that weekend.Looking forward to it.

6. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi There
    We will be out on lake Truman..We go every weekend. Hope to catch the big catfish.. Good luck to you..

7. whisker_chaser

State:
    Missouri
    From the looks of the weather report I will need the good luck wishes. I cant wait to get down there. This will be my first time on the water this year. I will give a report when I get back on Sunday. Good luck to all of you. Hopefully I will catch a few that I have to roll in the boat.

8. whisker_chaser

State:
    Missouri
    Family Pictures 353.jpg We did alright this weekend. The weather and water conditions were wonderful on Friday, very little wind upper 70s lower 80s. We set a few limb lines that evening. We caught a 26# flat and a few decent channels Sat morning. We also had one of our poles completely stolen and the line cut off of 2 more.
    Friday evening we helped an old man get his broken down boat out of the water and kind of buddied up to him in the process. Then we ran into him today and he asked if we had boated the hog that we had on. I knew where this was going already. He then said that Sat morning that pole was going crazy and he saw a huge fish on it. He said that he watched for a little while and then went on. When we got there it had all been cut off. With knife marks on the pole. Pretty disturbing but I guess you live and learn.
    We caught another flat approx. 15 - 18 #s and a few small blues. Nothing extravagant but a nice trip. They were all caught on perch in 10 - 15 feet of water. I tried to attach a pic of a few of the fish. Let me know if it worked. By the way I think it is flathead season!!!!

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank's for the report Ben,Sounds like a Good Trip.J.D.:big_smile: