Heading to the Mighty Ohio!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Jul 23, 2009.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me and Larry(Mankind) are getting ready to pull a long trip to the Ohio. We have plenty of live Gills & several dead ones for cut bait. We'll also have frozen Shad. Our plans are not to leave the water till we boat a 20+lb cat. May be a long trip for us....:smile2: If things go alright we'll see you all soon, if not, well, it may be a while before we get back...:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Wish us luck, we sure need it!:cool2:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good luck guys!!!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Go get them John. I expecting to read about some PBs on this trip. Don't forget the pics.

4. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck and PLEASE post some pics!

Floyd T.

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
  6. Ky_Katter91

Ky_Katter91 New Member

State:
    Northern Ky
    I hope yall have better luck than I've been having.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    No luck last night, had to come home for a little while today to rest up my back and do some reel repair. Heading back out in a little bit for another all nighter and hopefully have better luck.:confused2::confused2::confused2:

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    no fish or bites at all?

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Larry caught 2 small Flatties(4lbs & 1lb). I had 2 decent runs but couldn't connect on either. It was the slowest night we have had in a few months on that stretch of river. Not sure why but they just weren't active at all in any of the spots we set up on.:confused2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Sorry to hear of the slow night John..

11. dcm

dcm New Member

State:
    ky
    Hope you are having better luck. Mu dad and I fished Ohio River yesterday for 6 hours. We used live bluegill and cut skips without a bite. Just makes me want to go back. :)

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Last night wasn't as slow but still nowhere near the results were looking for. Bait was our biggest problem, couldn't get hardly any gills with any size to them.
    We set up on a new spot on the river and things started off pretty quick. Within 20 minutes we had hits on all 6 rods and boated 4 Flatties. Biggest was Larry's 8lber. About an hour or so later Larry hooked a good one but the hook popped out. That was it, no more bites after that.:sad2:
    We left fairly early this morning, I was wore out and my back was shot. Hopefully we'll be back after them next week, stay tuned......:cool2:

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    With your dedication anytime now ! Having a bad back makes it hard I know . Doing the chiropractor again myself . What will probably happen is disc 4n5 will not be fused and the pain is gonna get worse all over again .