Heading to the creek in five minutes

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I got the word that I need to go South for a month. leaving on the 11 of Nov so Its fish , hunt, fish, hunt until I go. That said , I have loaded the boat, packed enough food for two days and plan to fish until after dark today. launching from Deep Bottom. I will update tonight if I'm not to weak from horsing in Whoppers. :roll_eyes:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good Luck Kenneth. Hope you slay 'em.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Arrived at Deep Bottom about 10:00 AM by myself. There was an older gentleman fishing by himself on the dock so I invited him along. I just knew the day was going to be great. Went up in the Tresspass Pit, dropped the net and lickidy split I had a nice mess of Gizzards, Hot dog ,,,good sign! Well my friends that was about it. We caught a couple of eaters on the small Rods, One so so pull down on a big bait,(Probably a 4-5 pounder). One dinkorillo Striper on a little rod. I didn't know they made stripers 10 inches long! Saw some of the guys that post(West Virginia Bow Hunter) checking things out for the Wounded Warrior Fishing trip this weekend. Talked to folks all day and nobody was doing much of anything. Oh well,,that's fishing! We did get to see my pet Sturgeon jumping around down by Presquille. What a sight to see. The water Temp has warmed back up to 72 degrees. Bait flipping around everywhere.

My brothers went up to New York last Sunday and have been slaying Salmon up to 20 pounds in the Salmon River. They fished half day today and are driving back to VA right now. My Brother will be here this weekend and I will download their pictures and post a few. I am going back with them in Dec when I get back from Argentina.

Good luck to the fellows fishing the Wounded Warriors Tournament this weekend! I hope you all catch a bunch.

4. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Any day fishing is better than work Kennth sorry to here you will be leaving the week I am coming down.I will be on the river from nov 9-13 may be if you get out that sunday we might run into each other.I love fishing the james in november it should pick up once the water cools down a little more.Good luck Jerry

5. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va

Let me go fishing on your boat dam of all the time i have fished i have never seen somebody that nice in this day and age.

6. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have tomorrow off, I'm going to City Point. Good luck on catching the monsters....

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Next time I'm flying solo, I'll message you guys to see if you can fish. I like company and fish by myself way to much. Good luck tomorrow David. I am hunting in the morning weather permitting then work.:sad2:

8. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey Kenneth,
    I hope you have a safe trip south!!!
    We are fishing in the WW trip.:006:
    take care,,mikeb

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Mike. I have loads of work to do on this trip. But since its heading into summer,,,,,Something tells me I will end up on the beach at Punta Este Uruguay with a senorita or two before I leave. Heck,,,I might even go fishing.

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice of you to take that older gentleman along Kenneth. Probably made his day. Better luck next time. Safe trip down South, and see you on the water soon.