Heading to Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatman0001, Aug 20, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Me and my brother are gonn go camp on the santee river up near the damn and were wondering if anyone knows about the water level or has a fishin report.:smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I sure don't know anything about that area, but I hope you all have good luck and catch some big ones!!

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've been up there quite a bit lately, but there hasn't been an awful lot of catching going on. A few cats, but mostly at night. Water levels are about normal. If you want to take the time to walk downstream a 1/2 mile of so, the fishing might be a little better. ?

4. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    We will actually be takin a boat downstream a ways to one of the sandbars!!

5. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That area downstream where you are headed should be good flathead territory. Do you know the first deep hole downstream from the landing? May be a good stop. Some of the deeper curves on down may hold some fish also.
    Some are fishing right at the cable up stream from the landing and catcing some cats at night. Sometimes a good one. There are not as many cats up on that end as in the past right now. I would favor down stream.