heading to santee for turkey day

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by McDreamy, Nov 16, 2009.

1. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    im heading to santee cooper for from the 25 - 29 i was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas where to find some bait at any and all help would be greatly appreciated

thanxs
    Eric

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well I can't help ya alot cause I haven't been to santee for 3 or 4 months... But look up santee general store in santee... They have bait almost always.... Big shad live and frozen... Sorry I can't help ya out more...

3. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    neds bait is about .5 mile from hills / canal lakes usually has bait at a good price. we usually buy a few dozen and a tub of worms and try and catch a few bream and perch for bait while we're catfishing. We'll also be down that weekend so hopefully the fishing will be on and all that rain we had won't mess them up.

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Eric,
    I will probably head down there thur night for friday and sat.
    If i get an early enough start i may put in at wateree to get up bait on the way down, if not i will put in thur night and start working the lit boat docks.

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nick81 amd myself will be in the lower lake Thanksgiving NIGHT, Friday and Saturday.Crcrhuk1 and his family will be there the same time. You can give either on of us a call or holler on the radio. AS for bait, I usually carry some live stuff and buy some heron or shad but would LOVE to know where to catch some of those critters this time of year.
    AS for the fishing, IF it gets cold try the deeper water if it stays liek this...well...I to am open to suggestions.
    FISH ON!!!

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck on your fishing trip. Hope to see you report back in with some real nice fish.

7. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    thanxs for all the help im staying in one of the spots in the canal just aint sure which one yet . we are going out with a guide i aint ever heard down there i may try getting him to show me where some bait is . i may need to find me a hand held marine radio

8. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    What is his name?
    Feel free to give me a shout, I will be around there all weekend.
    Jim

9. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Anyone else gonna be on the lower lake at Santee? Crclhuk1 will not be able to go due to boat trouble. Myself and Nick81 will be on one boat.
    McDreamy will be there somewhere. Anyone else care to hook up and share some information while down?
    Jim

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Eric .here is wishing you a great trip an hoping ya,ll get some monsters while you are down there at santee . Let us know how you did ,its nice to know some people are getting to go fishing LOL

11. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Yes I will be down there also. Checking in at Hills Thursday night and will be heading out to Moultrie friday morning. We will probably anchor in the canal Friday night for a few hours to give that a try. I dont usually mess around out in the lake at night but who knows I might try it this time. I dont have a marine radio on my pontoon but anyone can give me a call and we can share reports. Staying at Hills room #15 Thursday-Sunday.

864-378-9616 Chris

12. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris,

I will be coming in Thursday night but may or may not fish that night.
    Definately will be out Friday and Saturday morning. My contact information is below and you can call, text or email. Yeck you can even hollar out across the water if you wish LOL... Hope to meet you this weekend
    Jim

13. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    "Crclhuk1 will not be able to go due to boat trouble." Correction, my fine fishing buddy, We will be there, just in a different boat, don't count me out or down until it's etched in stone, my mind thinks fishing and they aint no stopping it. The old johnson does have a piston that looks like it's been drug across a grinding stone, but my fishin partner volunteered his Starcraft v-hull so we could make the trip.... Oh yeah, no wife n kids just fishin fellas.:cool2::cool2:
    Will be there bright n early friday morning at 5:30 at canal lakes for breakfast, hope to see yall there.

14. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I have never been there so i cant help you...but good luck and i know there are some big blues in there!!!

15. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    As fo the bait question on the lake:

Last time we were down there last week, the herring were jumping pretty good at the russellville boat landing under the lights. I managed to catch a dozen or so fresh herring in a few throws with the net.

16. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    We are about to hit the road. Hope to see a few of you guys in the morning. We are staying at Hills tonight but will try to get over to Canal Lakes for breakfast by 6am.

17. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    We're pulling out at 2am and plan on being there by 5:30 to 6:00. Will be at CanalLakes for breakfat in the morning ready to fish!:smile2: I'm going to sneak up on them this time cause I'm in a different boat and they wont know what hit them till they feel that 8/0 circle hook buried in their jaw!!!:wink:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Damn, I gotta plant wheat all day tomorrow and everyone else is fishin'. :angry: Oh well, business before pleasure! :wink: Look forward to y'all's reports!

BB in SC

19. katdoctor

katdoctor New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was there yesterday at the Hill, Jamie got a load of gizzards about 2 o'clock. Lake full, strong current through canal, and fish seem to between 30-40 feet. Their calling for winds so yall be careful. Have fun!!!