Heading to Sangchris tomorrow nite

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Apr 27, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    A Buddy and I are heading out to Sangchris tomorrow nite.. Storm front supposed to be getting close then, hopefully we'll be able to find something decent to catch. I'm still trying to learn the lake from a boat, so I'm hoping we can find some promising spots for some flatties....

Anyone have a spot to try, feel free to lay it on me :)

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Spent all niter on Sangchris Fri Nite. I caught about a dozen channels, 1-5# on shad gut and 4-6" bluegill... Had a couple of nice runs, but they would drop it after about 1-2 feet and never come back....

I wish I knew this lake better, I keep hearing about all the flatheads here, but have yet to catch one out of Sangchris :crazy:

Anybody care to share some good spots via boat on this lake I would greatly appreciate it. I seem to have no problem catching the little ones here ....

3. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    Tim,

Where are you fishing at? Do you have a sonar?
    Right now the middle arm is going to probably be your best bet. About 100yds north of the launch ramp there is an old fence row that runs across the lake there. The flatties use this quite a bit. If you are down around the dam, try the east point & cove. That is a good flat point that drops off fairly quickly to the south. Work the edges at nite. There are 2 old road beds in the west arm. You can see one of them from the dam. The other is back south about a 1/4 mi. & is visable on the east side. These both still have the old ditches running along side of them. Also the rip rap across the dam face will produce in the evening. The blugills camp on those rocks & the flatties work the rip rap looking for them.
    Eric

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Yes, I have two fish finders (cant use em very well though hehe)...
    I just bought this boat late last year (1st one for me heh) and it already had em on it...

We were fishing the East arm, back up in a cove where there looked to be a house... We were in the right arm after it branches off at the house fishing a bunch of brush piles we found back there....