Heading to Salt Fork tonight

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by loanwizard, Apr 17, 2009.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Heading for the lake tonight. Hopefully I can get some bait and grab a hog. Driftin for Flatties tonight which I have never done so wish me luck on my new experiment.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good luck Shawn if anything stop and just throw a couple out like you normally do

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Well good luck to you. wish I couod tag along but it may be kindda hard getting in and out of the boat while in this wheel chair lol. Any way have fun

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck, I would be curious to how that works, I will be hitting East Fork tommorow night for some flatties myself. Always use floats, never had any luck drifting for them there. But then again its hard to drift in pitch dark coves in about 3 ft of water!:smile2::wink:

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Did you do any good Shawn? Will be there on the bank tonight with 3 other members. Can we expect to catch a Flathead or not? What was the water temp?

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Not much luck. Shad were small and hard to come by, caught a small bass, a tiny gill and two good size gills. Caught an 8lb channel on a cut shad at 8:30 and had two very small hits at 10:00 and 10:20. Left around 11ish met some people one was a member, invited the rest. The temp was right around 59 degrees. Didn't drift as the water was glass smooth with no wind. May go back tonight as a front is due through Sunday.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    PLanning on hitting eastfork but my buddy just cancelled, trying to find a taker in a pinch! I have got to hit East Fork tonight I know those flatheads are bruisin and cruisin!:confused2: