Heading to Lake Monticello on saturday 18th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by frank1969, Aug 14, 2007.

1. frank1969

frank1969 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Going to monty on saturday morning, does anyone have any suggestions on bait or locations. I would like to put some big ones in the boat, and also take home alot of eaters. We will be going on from the 215 landing i think close to the power plant.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Eaters aren't usually hard to find just use medium minnows & shrimp and you should do fine for them. Big cats I can't really help with them because I just have to get lucky in the heat to catch one or two.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    for eaters the list of baits goes forever...i've heard soap, corn pops, beef heart, livers, stink bait, and on and on and on...but if you are going after BIG fish then use FRESH cut bait such as white perch, gizzard shad, bream, and crappie...also don't be afraid to use huge chunks of these baits...may not get many hits but when you finally connect with a fish it will be BIG.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    If you see that 19 foot center console with a t-top stay away! That is an undercover DNR officer and he will tear your boat apart and find something to write you a ticket for! :wink:

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nah he wont be there cause he knows if I dont go to hilton head iwill be on his fish:smile2:

6. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Yeah go the other way, he has hidden blue lights in that thang!

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yep that guy is bad news.:wink:

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I heard he even has hot girls on the boat to make it more of a decoy....

9. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hot girls hm. I'm going Friday i'll try and post something friday evening.

10. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    He needs to find something better to do like catching all those people that are littering. If they checked me once they have checked me a thousand times. They will get more money because of tickets for litters than they will people trying to fish. Or maybe those guys with the skis or tubes!!!!

11. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    :confused2::confused2::confused2: :smile2::smile2:

12. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah he has been known to have hot chicks on there.Hot chicks love catfishin.:smile2:

13. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    hey bo, if want to get great eating size cats at monticello all you need is stink bait called hog wild or docs catfish bait and a bag of marshmellows. yes marshmellows put 3 or 4 on a hook then dip it in that stink bait. make sure you mix up that dip bait with water and stir it until its almost soupie. also you can get great fishing size bream all over their but my luck has been very poor on bream there.good luck sat i fish their almost every sat and mon.:big_smile:

14. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    anybody gonna be fishing fri night?

15. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    was gonna fish tonight but had a late funeral that some how got lost with the thoughts of fishing so got to put it off till the first of the week.

16. frank1969

frank1969 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    just back from monty, it was a slow day 5 small eaters 2 - 3 lbs. brother-in-law first time catfishing landing a 15.3 lbs. cat and before the fish was in the box another was on his line and it was much bigger, line broke at boat.