Heading To Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Captain Cat, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    I will be heading down from NY Fri. Hope to fish Sat. Looking forward to see the place I have been reading so much about. I hope to break my personal best of 19 lbs. By a lot hopefully. We are staying at Bill Ups Landing any reports on that area?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good luck at Marion. Its a beautiful lake with a great amount of wildlife in and around it.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dean , hang around the landing for awhile,talk to the locals, its a good fishery, good luck... shad (cutbait) doing pretty good right now.........

4. Knockingbottom

Knockingbottom New Member

State:
    Manning, SC
    Dean, Get a good topo map of the Lake(Billups will have 'em, if not Wal-mart
    in Manning does). Jacks creek will be full of bass boats Sat., it'll look like a pro
    tourny, so be careful. I've heard good reports from out in the river channel from between jacks and the I-95 bridge. Go deeper during the day, up shallow
    in the evening and night.The stripers should be massing to push up river shortly, fresh cut bait in the deeper bends and holes might work. Crappie and
    shellcrackers normally bite this time of year up in the creeks behind Persanti
    Island. The NWS forecast calls for light SE winds and moderate temps. I hope to be up in the Taw Caw area Sat. I'll be in a 18ft jon with a white trolling motor on the front. Give me a shout on 72.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good luck, Dean. Have fun, and be safe. Looking forward to your report.