Heading to Lake Badin Sunday night

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCats, Jun 13, 2007.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Was wondering if'n anyone would be interested in telling me where I might catch some cats? Never fished badin before and looking forward to it. We will be using the whitney boat ramp. ncfowler and lakenormanblues gave me some info. But just seeking general feelings from everyone. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Teddy

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    get your bait at the dam. Stay to the right of th buoy up there and you should find plenty of shad. Use live brim of perch for flatheads and cut shad for blues and channels. Fish ledges and flats. anywhere from the golf course to the dam could hold cats. If you see fish on your graph, then try it, good luck!

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks for the info. We have plenty of gold fish. Ya think these will work as good as shad?

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've never used 'em but they are supposed to be good flathead baits. you'll probably find some flatheads above the railroad bridge. Should be plenty of channels up that way too. I prefer shad myself! good luck, let us know how you do. I'll be out tomorrow evening until about midnight probably.