Heading to Lake Anna this Saturday.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rebcatman, Jul 17, 2008.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I've never fished there, does anyone have any suggestions or hot spots? Thanks.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have not, but i hope that it goes well for you, good luck

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i have fished in the area around rose valley, the state park, hunter's landing and on up from there in the "s" turns...i have caught channels in all these areas but most of my fishing there has been done in the fall...if you are drifting for channels the "s" turns are real good but some spots can be snaggy and also in front of the state park is driftable...parts of rose valley are but it to can be snaggy in places...hope this helps and good luck...there are alot of channels to be caught in anna.

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks for the advice. We are putting in at huntings landing. I'm not sure if we are going to drift since there is going to be a lot of boat traffic, but we will hit those spots.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i talked to a buddy of mine who fished anna over the 4th of july weekend and he was catching channels in the "s" turns and even above the "s" turns where it opens up a bit...he fished late evening and early morning due to boat traffic but caught some nice cats...be sure to let us know how you do.

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    We did ok after the masses left the water. I knew the lake was popular,but I did not expect what we ran into. We put in around 1:00 caught some bait and then set about trying to catch the "big" ones. Just about every place we stopped we had to leave due to the pleasure boaters, swimmers, jet skiers and bridge jumpers. It was not until after 6 that we found a spot that we could anchor without fear. We caught about 10 eaters on liver and stink bait.

I will go back but for night fishing only.

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i feel your pain...i was fishing there 2 years ago on halloween weekend...it was late afternoon and we were drifting in a narrow part of the lake when all the sudden this boat comes flying up the lake only about 30 yds from us pullin a guy skiing in a spider man costume!!...of all things a guy skiing at the end of october and it was not real warm that day either...i guess maybe if ya drink enough your buddies can talk ya into doing just about anything...the worst part was that they felt the need to put on a show for us beings how we were the only boat in the area...i did not think they were ever gonna leave...anna has no shortage of boat traffic that's for sure.

8. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Wow. I realize everyone has to share the lake, but I don't understand those boaters that come real close to an anchored boat and not slow down it only takes a few additional minutes to slow down while passing.