Heading to LaGrange Mo. this weekend.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rusty, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    My wife and I are taking my Dad to the big Mississippi this weekend. He has never been on the Mississippi River in a boat. We are going to try and hit the water around 7:00 Friday evening and fish all night. Anyone interested in fishing with us just come on over.

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Rusty you take catfishing serious, may have to get you a day job as traveling
    catfish guide. good fishing and look for some skips.
    Jim

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    good luck Rusty, let us know how it goes for ya.

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    John You are very Welcome to tag along. I don't know what type of rigs you have but I hope to catch Flatheads. I use 6500 and 7000 abu's and 225 Penn's I hope the bait isn't a problem. I am bringing creek perch and hope to be able to get shad there. I plan on putting in at the City park there in LaGrange. I hope to be there around 7:00 pm. that will give me time to look fore bait. Hope to see you there. We will be in a 16' Lowe with way to much junk in it.

Jim you know I would love to do that. There is nothing better then setting back in that Lowe of mine and watching the end of them rods. Even if they don't bend like I think they should. I will take a small rod and try fore some skips.

Ethan. I will be on here Saturday night with the report. Good or Bad...

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Well John you didn't miss much. We caught several small Flatt's and some small channels I did hook one good one this morning around 03:00 had it on about 10 seconds Long enough to tell it was a good one then it came off. It was on a gill about the size of your hand so it was probably a flat. We will be doing it again later this fall. maybe we can hook up then.... Later Rusty..