Heading to Hoosier NF

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rairdog, Sep 30, 2008.

1. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Heading to Hoosier National Forest for a 5 day camping trip this weekend. We will be mainly bowhunting but I would like to try for some flatties when I'm not sitting in a tree. The pic is close to where we will be camping and hunting. It's off Tower Rd which is off 446. There is an old bridge that's gone by the clover leaf gravel pit. Nice sweeping bend in the river and a feeder creek. I think you can still get to the bridge abutment from the south side. Anyone ever fish this area. 39.04.05 N 86.18.03 W on google earth.

Attached Files:

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey good luck down there brother. hope you get some good deer and fish pics to share with us! :wink:

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like a good spot, best of luck to you.

4. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Thanks guys. Have to head South since I pretty much lost all my turf around here. Next year we ought to have the gathering in October so we can get in some bow hunting in Miss or Salomonie.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats a great idea. and may i add that you could show up a day or two early and get us some camp meat.:wink: lol

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd be fine with that. I saw plenty of nice tender does running around while we were at Mississinewa.