Heading to Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mcdo2137, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm thinking about heading to Greenwood tomorrow with a friend of mine to try and catch a few channels tomorrow.If we end up goin I'll post back a report. Been workin way too much and need to go catch a few fish. Not been real great on hartwell lately for me so I hope I can have some beginners luck with Greenwood since it will be my first trip there!!!:big_smile:

2. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'll have to agree with that about being slow on Hartwell. There's some big channels in Greenwood. There's also a lot of weekend boaters. You fishing day or night? Good luck!

3. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Larry, I'm thinking about hitting Greenwood also tomorrow late afternoon and night. I need a bunch of white perch for a fish fry. Of course, I'll also be fishing for cats.

I'll be drifting before dark above the launch ramp. Near the railroad tressel. After dark I'll probably anchor over green lights in some inlet on the south end of the lake. Sabiki rods for perch and 8 rods out for cats. Last time I was there it was still slow from the spawn(?). Hope it's better.

I wish you a lotta success. Hope the thunderstorms hold off.

Curt

4. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well it ended up being a bust for me. We put in at the shrine club Fished in the back of a cove or two and caught plenty of bream then we fished around a bridge looking for a few white perch , only got 1. So then we anchored near the mouth of the reedy on a point, there we finally started catchin a few perch, but no cats. So then we move down near near the trussel and get 1 cat bite on a cut bream and it gets me tangled in some brush and ends up breaking off. So far the score is Lake greeenwood 1 , Larry 0:sad2:. Maybe next time.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ah, well , we got out and enjoyed ourselves so who cares ; ) I do have a bunch of nice bait at home now, LOL..... No complaints here.

-Jim-

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya'll guys had fun and caught some bait for the freezer. Ya'll know Pat is gonna tell ya'll you needed the lucky Scrimps.

7. mcdo2137

mcdo2137 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yea it was an ill'prepared trip ,but it was alot better than surfin the internet or sittin on the couch yesterday.:big_smile: I am sure we will try again soon!! And we will be sure to take some scrimps!!!

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Remember, you gotta lick each one before you put it onna hook, that's the secret to their magic :wink: