Heading To Florida!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by WylieCat, Jun 28, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Hey folks!!

I will be in the Daytona Beach area for a few days next week working and I was looking for some recommendations for a place to do some shark fishing from the beach or pier. If anyone has any good ideas on places to shark fish please let me know!!

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Find some saltwater, beach, pier or boat. There are sharks there.
    All kidding aside, use the internet to get info there. Search florida shark fishing, daytona shark fishing and the florida DNR web site. If there is a public fishing pier , you can bet that sharks will be there as well. Drive or walk the beach and look for people fishing, then talk to them. Good luck and enjoy your trip...

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    When I was there last century, we caught lots of small sharks in the Halifax River. You'd have more chance of a big one from a pier, though. Be sure to check with them first, though; some piers don't allow shark fishing, because the other fish hide or leave when the sharks appear. Same problem with porpoise.

4. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    go just north of daytona to flagler beach i have got some nice shark there if your fishing frome beach you need a long surf rod to make some long cast and i have got some nice sharks in ponts inlet just go south daytona it is the inlet it has a big jetty you can fish there like bank fishing good luck