Heading to Badin Friday Night!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCats, Sep 24, 2009.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Heading that away around 4pm. Going to Whitney boat ramp then to the damn for shad or any kinda bait fish we can get. Gonna pull a all niter or till we get tired and give up! First time out this year. Gonna have a good time fish or no fish. I just want to get out on the water. If you see a red and white Ebbtide Dyna-Trax with "Carolina Cats" on the side, Throw your hand up!

~~Teddy

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Teddy y planning on going back next weekend for the gathering ,it will be at arrowhead camp ground ?

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Not sure yet Jollymon. Might just have to make a day trip and not be able to spend the entire weekend. Trying to see "how the stars line up".

4. lastfling

lastfling New Member

State:
    NC
    Don't forget the umbrella/rainsuit. Looking like you might need it.:embarassed:

5. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Due to my friends being WHIMPS! My fishing trip has been post poned till Sunday night. At which time I will prob. "accidently" push my buddy in the lake so he can see water/rain will not hurt him.
    :smile2:

6. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Give him a net before pushing in,may he can catch some bait while in there:smile2:

7. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Didnt cross my mind James! Thanks for the heads up on this! I may just do that :wink:

8. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    All systems go!
    Boat - CHECK
    Bait - CHECK
    Diet Pepsi - CHECK
    Gas Truck/Boat - CHECK
    Fishing Rods - CHECK
    Camera - CHECK

Countdown - 3.5 hours
    We will have lift off, for Badin. Gonna do that all nighter thang! Finally after two weeks of rain, I get to go out on the lake fishing for the first time this year. Im as excited as a Opposum in a dumpster! I can't wait!
    Yeppie!! Whoop Whoop!!!
    :big_smile:

9. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    best of luck!!!!:big_smile:

10. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks Joe!
    We have lift off! See you all tomorrow...Hopefully with some PB photos!

Teddy

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Teddy-How did you do?:eek:oooh:

12. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Thanks for asking BigBird!

Whoop Whoop! Had fun fishing last night! Foggy on the lake,windy,clothes soaked, (59degrees, water temp 78 degrees) managed to boat one small catfish. Hooked another one and faught him for 15 minutes before he said see ya! Never got him up to the water to see how big he was. But Badin lake holds some monsters! Maybe next time me and Old Mr. Whiskers will go at it once again and I will win!

We started out fishing close to the dam at the rock wall. No luck there as they was `15 or so noodles floating every where(owner was there watching them) Went down to the train trussel, no action there ether. Ended up at the mouth of garr creek (water depth 49 ft. fish anywhere from 35 to 49 ft deep). Caught the little fella about 8pm and around 9:30pm my fishing rod doubled! I use a real heavy rod(Ocean city) I have hooked carp in the thirty pound range and never seen my rod bend like that. I had to work to get it out of the rod holder. I faught Mr. Whiskers for 10-15 minutes. He would come in and go out. It was really a blast. He went under the boat and wouldnt budge. Finally that rascal said it was time to go home and he had played enough....spit the hook out at me. Im new to circle hooks and not sure what really happened or what I did wrong. After fighting him for that long blew my mind when the hook came out. Using live and cut bream. Only saw action on cut Bream. Will go back one day and go round two with Mr. Whiskers!

God what a blast!

13. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like you had a good time!!!! Sometimes that is all that matters.:big_smile:

14. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where has most of the bait been lately? I have been fishing Norman and Tillery the last few weeks. Tillery has a ton of bait. Any heads up on where the bait is on Badin would be appreciated. Thanks

15. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    sounds like you tangled with one of the same flatheads I tangled with a few years ago. I hooked two fish on the same night and fought both of them for 45 min. and never saw either one of them. couldn't get 'em off the bottom with 30 lb. main line. broke one off and hung the other one up. They're fun though!!

16. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    jpw- We caught Bream on hook and line out of our pond and carried them with us. So Im not sure. I did see some fellas catching bait up at the dam(High Rock/Badin) not sure if it was shad or not. Straight across from the Whitney boat ramp, on the first point there is a white dock/pier(on the left) we was about 150' straight out from that.

Rookie12 - Even though I never seen him, It was a blast playing with him. He won this time..... But Im eating my wheaties and taking my vitamins. So next time he better watch out. Man, for that 10-15 minutes, I knew NOTHING! And my friend, thats what it is all about! I didnt get to CPR'em. But I did manage to C. atch F. ight R. elease lol