Heading to Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by cathog, Aug 21, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    David Hanson, the kids and I are about to head out to Arkansas to get some skips so we can have some winter time bait when the shad get tough. We are going to the gathering at the WDM lock and dam to do so. So far everyone who is already there says the skips are biting pretty good, hope it stays that way. None of us has ever done any skip fishing so this should be an enlightening experience:smile2::smile2::smile2:. Wish us luck LOL.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Gary hope yall load up on the skips an have a great time at the gathering ,stay safe an enjoy your self , also let us know how P did cooking breakfast for the group :wink::smile2:

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    We got about 60 to 65 skips. I think we have some more coming in a few weeks though. The gathering was great fun, we brought them enough channel cat filets from Tawakoni to feed everyone about 3 times each. They couldnt believe that was only like 2 trips worth of fishing. We had a great time and got enough skips to last us a few weeks, we were trying to get enough to last all winter. Maybe next time. Had a blast anyways.

4. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    We sure want to thank you for the channel fillets. I hope to come your way sometime and get in on some of that great fishing you guys have.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Enjoyed havibg ya Clay! hope to get down there in December!

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Enjoyed having ya Clay! hope to get down there in December!